Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - first time buyer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU - first time buyer

Hi all , my son (21) is looking to purchase his first car . I want him to apply for membership at NFCU and see if they would give him an auto loan . Would he need to wait a while to apply for loan or can he do it right after getting approval for membership ?  

21 years old 

Full time student 

Part time cashier - $2000 month salary 

two credit cards - about 1.5-2 years history 

no bills except credit cards , which he pays off every month 

Also , I will not be co signing 

Thanks for any advice 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - first time buyer

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all , my son (21) is looking to purchase his first car . I want him to apply for membership at NFCU and see if they would give him an auto loan . Would he need to wait a while to apply for loan or can he do it right after getting approval for membership ?  

21 years old 

Full time student 

Part time cashier - $2000 month salary 

two credit cards - about 1.5-2 years history 

no bills except credit cards , which he pays off every month 

Also , I will not be co signing 

Thanks for any advice 

He can join and as soon as the membership is approved apply for an autoloan or any other product.  No reason to wait.  NFCU is now our primary bank and they have been very generous to us so I highly reccomend .  Both of my kids have become members and they have treated them well also.  He should have a sense of what amount he wants before he applies.  Let us know how it all works out.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.