Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU mortgage or auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU mortgage or auto loan

Good day everyone please bare with me I have a few questions. Back in November I was preapproved for a loan for a mortgage, well as many as you know house hunting is so tedious and exhausting & im extremely aggravated and ready to give up ( lol lol). Well I also need a vehicle badly so I am wondering does anyone know if I should wait until I found and buy a house first and then apply for a loan? Or get the car first? I am not sure how if I get the car first it will effect my credit or home buying purchases. If anyone has any info or suggestions please help. Thank you in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU mortgage or auto loan

You want no new credit or inquiries for credit 6 months prior to getting a mortgage and while in escrow you dont want new credit either as the lender is liable to pull credit just prior to closing to make sure nothing untoward has popped up that may push you out of the terms of the loan.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thank you so much. Everything is so confusing at this time and stressful ahhhhhhhh (screams). Okay so I will wait, I just wasn't sure because once I get the mortgage I know my credit score will drop and I didn't know how this would effect me trying to get the car.
Message 3 of 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Once the house closes and funds you are clear.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.