Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU vs USAA vs BoA USED Rates

tag
lawless05
New Contributor

NFCU vs USAA vs BoA USED Rates

So I Friday applied with NFCU and got a 2.99% APR for 60 months 15,000 Then yesterday later I applied with USAA and got a 8.49% APR for 60 months 16,000. Is it normal for the rates to vary so much between to lenders. Is it because I ask for more with USAA or is NFCU just better in that way?

Update: LOL just applied at BoA and they approved me for 16000 4% for 60 months. I think that USAA is just being a butt

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mommyrambles

Re: NFCU vs USAA vs BoA USED Rates

Same thing here. We applied for auto loan today of $45,000.

PSECU - 2.4%

NFCU - 1.9%

USAA - 7.9% ?!?!? What? 

I have been less and less happy with USAA over the past few years. 

Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU vs USAA vs BoA USED Rates

Credit unions are literally throwing money at people for car loans.  I don't think USAA is quite what they used to be either (fortunately the only thing I really care about is their insurance products where they're still among the best) but it's not exactly fair to compare them to Penfed / NFCU right now.

The outlier in there is BOFA in my estimation, but I haven't seen many of their auto loan approvals lately... I personally knew better than to even try with my credit history when it came to my own refinance Smiley Happy.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.