cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NMAC (Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation) refused to refi.

tag
jimmyt2003
Established Member

NMAC (Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation) refused to refi.

had been paying for two years called and asked for a better rate to save some money, credit inproved (current 8.75), apparently they don't so i decided to use another lender (USAA) cheaper payment and better rate. I'll never use NMAC again.  

Chase Military Star $4K, IHG $5K, Amazon $3K, INK $5K | BOA AAA $2.5K, Visa $4.7K, Amex $2.5K | US BANK ACE $2K | BARCLAYS WS $3.5K | CAP1 - GM $3K | COMENITY TV $3.8K | DISCOVER IT $6.4K | DSNB AMEX $6K, STORE $1K | CITI HILTON $3K, HOME DEPOT $1.5K, EXXON $1K, CITGO $800, BEST BUY MC $300 | USAA Amex $6K, WWP $3.5K, Visa $4K, MC $1.5K | SYNCRONY WM MC $4.3K, STORE $3.3K, LOWES $8.5K, GAP VISA $3K, AMAZON SC $1.1K, BP $500, SAMS MC $3.6K, TOYS $2.1K | Amex Simply Cash $10K, Hilton $3.1K, PRG, GREEN, PLUM, Plenti $2K | MILITARY STAR $5.7K | PAYPAL
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: NMAC (Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation) refused to refi.

With all due respect, I have never seen auto manufacturer lenders offer refinance opportunities. NMAC would only be used when purchasing a car from the dealer.

You usually have to use a bank/credit union to refinance which is exactly what you've done.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 19
jimmyt2003
Established Member

makes sense, i've never seen that information out there. i guess that's the true benefit of using your own bank versus the dealer. now i know thanks!

Chase Military Star $4K, IHG $5K, Amazon $3K, INK $5K | BOA AAA $2.5K, Visa $4.7K, Amex $2.5K | US BANK ACE $2K | BARCLAYS WS $3.5K | CAP1 - GM $3K | COMENITY TV $3.8K | DISCOVER IT $6.4K | DSNB AMEX $6K, STORE $1K | CITI HILTON $3K, HOME DEPOT $1.5K, EXXON $1K, CITGO $800, BEST BUY MC $300 | USAA Amex $6K, WWP $3.5K, Visa $4K, MC $1.5K | SYNCRONY WM MC $4.3K, STORE $3.3K, LOWES $8.5K, GAP VISA $3K, AMAZON SC $1.1K, BP $500, SAMS MC $3.6K, TOYS $2.1K | Amex Simply Cash $10K, Hilton $3.1K, PRG, GREEN, PLUM, Plenti $2K | MILITARY STAR $5.7K | PAYPAL
Message 3 of 19
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Captives (manufacturers finance arms) do not refinance their own loans.  Most banks won't refinance their own loans either.  

Message 4 of 19
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

My local credit union will refinance their own loans but there are tons of fees involved to almost make it not worth it.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 5 of 19
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
My local credit union will refinance their own loans but there are tons of fees involved to almost make it not worth it.

^^^Very rare for any lender to refinance their own loan,  Usually have to go somewhere else - another CU or bank to refi.

Message 6 of 19
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

They have some stipulation that internal refinances have to bring new money (like $1,000).

Here's the link...
http://www.allegacyfcu.org/home/personal/auto

It says...
Refinance of an Allegacy Auto Loan must get at least $1,000 in new money.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 7 of 19
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Also keep in mind you said "my credit situation improved"  Therefore NMAC was there when you needed them. They funded your loan and you got the car. So now that your credit has improved go get that better rate. NMAC played their part.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 8 of 19
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

With all due respect to the posters here and none to the weasel banks and captive lenders, it's actually a poor business decision NOT to refi a "usery" rate. Even if a lender reduces the rate to 2 or 3% they make $$ AND create better customer satisfaction and loyalty.

If they don't refi they make NOTHING.

I have read but, cannot confirm, that DCU offers an APR reduction program if you don't qualify for their initial rock bottom rate of 1.49%

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 9 of 19
Ragelog
Established Contributor

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

With all due respect to the posters here and none to the weasel banks and captive lenders, it's actually a poor business decision NOT to refi a "usery" rate. Even if a lender reduces the rate to 2 or 3% they make $$ AND create better customer satisfaction and loyalty.

If they don't refi they make NOTHING.

I have read but, cannot confirm, that DCU offers an APR reduction program if you don't qualify for their initial rock bottom rate of 1.49%

I understand what you are saying but think most lenders see it differently. DCU will refinance their own loan but they are the exception not the rule. I think more lenders would be willing to lower APR on loans when you credit improves if they could adjust things the other way when it doesn't. However since that isn't possible they rather not deal with it. They likely also may feel like they are bidding against their own rates so they make you hold to the terms you agreed to and call your bluff of getting a better rate elsewhere.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.