Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Auto Pre-Approved Turned Instant!.

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy Auto Pre-Approved Turned Instant!.

I'll fill other stuff in later maybe when I get more info but for now Pre-Approval that has been on my partners log in page right above his accounts... he applied and very shortly on phone was given the 2.99% 60 months for $18k and the blank cashiers check is being overnighted tomorrow Thursday to be here Friday (it was like 2PM our time and Navy operates on Eastern Time Zone) But they said if we wanted to go to dealership today it shouldn't be any issue to drive away with the car, so hopefully make it over today to see about that Smiley Happy

LOVE ME SOME NAVY Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Auto Pre-Approved Turned Instant!.

Congrats and that's an excellent deal.

Message 2 of 9
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Very cool. I have the same offer antagonizing me every time I log into my accounts too. Problem is that I don't need a new vehicle, and I like not having an auto payment. But.. I really want to replace my truck that gets 14-15ish mpg with something that gets double that. I keep telling myself that it would help with my credit mix. Smiley Surprised

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 3 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats !!  Is the offer valid for either new or pre~owned vehicles?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Congrats !!  Is the offer valid for either new or pre~owned vehicles?

Yes, the only thing that changes would be interest rate, they are offering 1.79% on new and shorter and longer terms.

I almost wished we submitted just for a blank amount just to see what they would have approved!!! I would venture in the $40k+ but oh well probably better for me not to know that!! LOL

Message 5 of 9
irvinfitness

Congrats! 

This month has been awesome for NFCU! I also am shopping for a new car, so I decided to see what rate I could get and was shocked when they gave me 1.79% for up to 72 months (I chose 60 anyway to minimize interest, but later found out there is no penalty for paying early) for 33k. 

Since my credit limit hadn't been updated since I started my job, I also decided to give them a call and see what they could do with it so I could take advantage of the 0%/$0 fee balance transfer offer this month. I had a 2k limit and asked for 8k....They said, how does 20k sound!!!!

Anyway, NFCU is amazing and anyone that can establish a relationship with them should. 

Enjoy your new car! 

Message 6 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Didn't you just buy cars?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Didn't you just buy cars?

LOL, I was waiting for that... yes we both leased an Infiniti.... Some big things have changed though so the cars are changing too!

Hit a HUGE snag yesterday though when I was informed that my line of questioning regarding the accident report of how much and what was replaced in the accident and that they could not provide the information so they legally could no longer sell the car "retail"  I some how don't believe they won't sell it retail, it just won't be to someone that asks for more detailed reports than the carfax showing it was an accident and it's fine.  I'm not really understanding how come we still can't choose to buy it if we are okay with not seeing the documents since it does still have a "pink" title in California which is not salvage here?  I mean bank accepted it, insurance accepted it... guess it is all for a reason, just hope we didn't end up loosing epic deal because of it.

Message 8 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Gotta tell ya, Dude. I really admire your zest for cars and shiny things!

Cars are a purely functional thing (for me) and bring no joy at all. I waited so long to buy a car that someone actually gave me one, LOL! It took a month before finally getting registered and only has been driven once since getting home.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.