Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Auto Loan

tag
sherwoodra
New Visitor

Re: Navy Federal Auto Loan

In February we purchased a 2012 Mazda CX-9 for cash.  In April we called to see if we could obtain a loan on the car so we could use the funds to pay off a personal loan at 10% interest.  We were told that because the car was already registered the loan would be a personal loan not a car loan and the rate would be 8.55%.  Needless to say, I declined.  We continued to pay on the 10% loan but in September I decided the 10% loan had to go.  I called NFCU and was once again told that because it was registered and not a new purchase it would be 8.55%.  I told Regina we would have to go elsewhere to finance the car.  Thirty minutes later Regina call us back to say she felt bad turning down our business.  She had discussed the situation with her supervisor and was happy to say she could take our application over the phone.  Within three hours I received a text message that the loan was approved.  Two days later the loan documents were in the mail with a check.  Now for the best part, 125% loan for 1.79% for 60 months.  We couldn't be happier.  God bless Regina for following through and going above and beyond excellent customer service. 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.