Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Begins Reporting Upon Approval

tag
brainysmurf
Contributor

Navy Federal Begins Reporting Upon Approval

I applied at Navy Fed to refinance a car. I was approved, but ended up finding a much better rate than I would normally get (5.4) as a dealer incentive, so I got a new car instead.

I went by Navy Fed and they voided the check, and I owe nothing on the loan. I pulled all 3 CRs today via USAA's service, and they have reported this loan, only to Experian thus far. I imagine EQ and TU just take a bit longer.

Should I GW them to delete the TL? It's obviously a very young account that I won't be using. Shows paid, zero balance.

EX / EQ / TU FICO
Start: ? / 633 / 621 March 2011
Current: 751 / 760 / 750 (PSECU, SW, QM)
My Wallet: Fidelity Amex 5k, NFCU CashRewards 10k,
SD: Barclays Apple 1.2k, Amex Zync NPSL, HomeDepot 1.2k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Begins Reporting Upon Approval

You could call NFCU  and ask them to delete,but the reality is, if they extend the check to you you have the account. NFCU has no idea if you use the check on a Friday night and it makes it to the bank on a Monday and gets to NFCU on Wednesday thats days you have had the money.

Message 2 of 3
brainysmurf
Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Begins Reporting Upon Approval

I hear you load and clear on that. If they had extended me the check then this would be a totally different story.

The check was prepared, and at a local branch for pickup. I never actually took posession of it.

Also, nothing was signed at any point. I'm not faulting Navy Fed. (I really enjoy being a member)

They gave me an 8k CL, with my scores, at a rate much better than any bank would give... not that the rate matters. PIFM.

I sent a GW, without any implications or accusations, and very nicely explained my situation and why this being reported is even a negative.

EX / EQ / TU FICO
Start: ? / 633 / 621 March 2011
Current: 751 / 760 / 750 (PSECU, SW, QM)
My Wallet: Fidelity Amex 5k, NFCU CashRewards 10k,
SD: Barclays Apple 1.2k, Amex Zync NPSL, HomeDepot 1.2k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.