Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union

tag
Stevielynx
Valued Member

Navy Federal Credit Union

NFCU uses Fico 8 (usually Transunion) rather than the auto version, correct?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union

Thought they used equifax
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed has only ever pulled my Equifax. I have two CC's and a car loan with them.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stevielynx wrote:
NFCU uses Fico 8 (usually Transunion) rather than the auto version, correct?

What bureau a lender pulls for you is based on your state / region.  So your best bet here is to consult the credit pull database. 

Message 4 of 8
bsal
Frequent Contributor

How do you consult the credit pool database where is that @yes-its-me ?
Message 5 of 8
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I think they use beacon 5.0 equifax unless you have equifax frozen they will pull transunion but only for credit cards. Any loan products they will ask you to unfreeze equifax thats what they asked me to do except for a credit card application. They wouldn't refinance my car but approved me for the cloc for 15k with the same hardpull. Will try again in a few months.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bsal wrote:
@how do you consult the credit pool database where is that @Anonymous ?

We are not allowed to link it here but just google "credit pull databse" and it is the first link on top after the search pops up.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a credit card about two week ago, then last week applied and got approved for an auto loan.... I haven't seen a hard pull for the auto yet, but if they are using a old credit pull from my credit card app , then equifax was pulled.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.