Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice PLEASE!! Used Car Buying

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice PLEASE!! Used Car Buying

Hello everyone its my 1st time on here. Looking for advice for purchasing Used Vehicle $10,000 between $4500 - $5000 down /w Auto Loan. I have x2 credit Unions I bank with: Wescom Credit and Southern California Postal Credit Unions. Should I seek auto-loan through them or just better off with lenders of dealership of which I purchase vehicle from? My score is 582 Equifax. Going to get scores from other reporting credit bureaus and reedit later to this thread. But my goal is to get the best for the money I'm putting down because I plan on paying off the auto-loan in 6mos. Which BTW I have heard affects your FICO score positively. Any thoughts/advice out there greatly appreciated.
Message Edited by DThomas79 on 12-11-2009 06:22 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Advice PLEASE!! Used Car Buying

The best thing to do IMO, is to get pre-approved through each CU, go into the dealer with the best offer in-hand and see if they can beat it. They might be able to find a lender that can offer you a better rate/terms than your CU, but if they can't you still have financing. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Advice PLEASE!! Used Car Buying

I agree with thinid. I would think your CU will get a way better APR then a used car lot will.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.