cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice on Auto Loan - NFCU, PenFed, or USAA?

tag
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Advice on Auto Loan - NFCU, PenFed, or USAA?

USAA can be quirky like that. Try NFCU, I think you'll experience far better results with them. In fact I'd pretty much expect you to get approved for the amount you want at NFCU's lowest rates.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks. I will definitely go with credit unions this time. I think it is safer compare to other creditors. I will just wait for few more months (4)  and my Fico will go up again. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Around the East Coast, EQ seems to dominate the stage eventhough EQ has so many lawsuits or pending lawsuits regarding their business policy toward Consumers. I just found out I have TWO negative late payments on EQ on the same item eventhough on EX and TU only reported one. So basically, I am double screwed on the same thing from the courtesy of EQ. Capital One is sending letter to dispute the information on my behalf to three credit bureaus. If EQ is still not doing anything to fix my issue, I am going to sue the company for FCRA. My late payment is only $2.00 and it was because my automatic was stopped for some reason by Capital One system non-fault of mine. I resolved it with Capital One.

Updated: It was one negative on $2.00 late payment and another negative on $0.00 balance. However, there was never been any delinquent because  the balance is usually $0.00.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA was offering auto loans at .49% for 36 months the other day when I logged in. Might want to ask them about that.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks. I will look it up. My last attempt to get a loan with USSA didn't work out (Nov 2013). They gave me $20K with 12% APR because of EQuifax score was 650.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to try and help. Let us know how it turns out and most important good luck!
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FICO gone up a lot earlier than I expected since Equifax updated my report. Not sure about EX and TU. I think I will just hold on a bit longer from getting auto loan. I can still survive with my old vehicle for now. I am planning to drive it until it is done with its mileage even if I am getting a new truck. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.