Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice on a Car Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Advice on a Car Loan

I have been employed with my present job for almost 8 years, so I'm pretty much starting over.
Message 11 of 14
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

After you get another card and an auto loan on your file future loans should be easier to get as they will have something to go off of. I hear you, debit is a beast that you don't want to run into in a dark alley but used responsibly will make all your life goals easier (future cars or mortgages).

I know generally around here it's said to keep cards open for AAoA but you can close it in a year or so and replace with another card. The account will stay on your profile for 10 years and the new card will help to thicken your profile so your scores don't drop much when you do add a new trade line. Of course this is all personal preference if you care about a few point drop every now and again when you do make a large purchase.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 12 of 14
fury1995
Valued Contributor

$34K and 8 year on the job has a big impact. Average credit usually gets you about 13.5 PTI  with an average APR. Your Fico probably score closer to 700 or slightly below that with a dealer using Auto Enhance Beacon but that won't make much impact.. Maufacture subvened lenders usually puts you in their tier 1 or 2 catagory based on what I'm reading from you.

My question is do you need to get a car right now or are you looking to be in the best situation credit wise before you apply for a car loan.. if you need a car now, you qualify for something in the 20k-25k range in my opinion (and I've been sending in aplications to lenders for people for nearly 20 years).

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't need the car right now. I just want to make sure that I will be able to get the loan with no problems, and my interest won't be very high. I just want want to be prepared, that's all.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.