Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice!!!!!

I recently purchased an automobile from a Champion Dealership. At the time of purchase I traded in my used '93 Toyota Camry for an '08 Chevy Cobalt. 2 weeks later I am told that the loan docs did not go through and that I had to return the vehicle. When I arrived at the dealership I was informed that my Cmary had been sold. The dealership tried tp hand me $500 and told me I could "catch I ride home". I rushed outside to find the car salesman letting the air out of the tires in the new Cobalt. I got in the Cobalt and drove off. Do I have any legal standings as the dealership has sold my trade in and is only offering me $500?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Advice!!!!!

WOW!!!!  I am not sure what state you are in, but in Nevada a dealership CAN NOT get rid of a persons trade in until the financing has been fully funded.

You should contact the DMV in your state and they can probably tell you what the law is where you are, but there is no way what they did to you is right.  You should also contact a lawyer and see what they have to say.

I'm sorry!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.