Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need auto loan while in active bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need auto loan while in active bankruptcy

Need a little advice. Im 5 months away from the end of my bankruptcy payment plan and my car is on its last leg. I was told the max loan amounts I can get is for $18000.00. My score as of today stands at 603.I really would like to get a favorable interest rate.  Does anyone know of any banks or credit  companys that are approving auto loans under these circumstances. I havent filed my notice to incur debt yet with the trustee office yet...Im just trying to weigh my options.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need auto loan while in active bankruptcy

Just buy a cheap used car for cash and drive it until you're in a better position financially. I drive a 20 year old Villager mini van that I picked up for $950. Bought it five years ago, and it's still going strong. Besides having no payment, insurance is way cheaper.

Message 2 of 5
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

If you must, you can always try roadloans they would see to be your best bet at this stage of your rebuild.

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 3 of 5
MacMan313
Contributor

Try to wait a few months after your discharge. I applied right after my discharge and denied for everything over 10k. 5 months later I can get approved for a 40k truck no problem. Only time does the trick. Get a secured card. As some one told me. 1 is good, 2 is great, 3 is outstanding!
EQ: 646 TU: 653 EX: 658 [CH7 Discharge 10/14]

PayPal Credit $2000 | Credit One Platinum $1200 | Grain $1000 | Capital One Quicksilver $700 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | BrightWay $500 | Capital One Walmart Rewards $300
Message 4 of 5
MacMan313
Contributor

@App_Addict wrote:

If you must, you can always try roadloans they would see to be your best bet at this stage of your rebuild.

They will most likely offer a loan, but i advise to stay away at all costs. Santander is horrible. They charge you $10 just to make a payment.

EQ: 646 TU: 653 EX: 658 [CH7 Discharge 10/14]

PayPal Credit $2000 | Credit One Platinum $1200 | Grain $1000 | Capital One Quicksilver $700 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | BrightWay $500 | Capital One Walmart Rewards $300
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.