Established Contributor
jcstarkey8826

Need help, first timer here!!!!

So I refinanced my car to lower my payment, that way I could absorb my fiances new car payment. We have a capital one blank check for a dodge avenger SE 2011 with 35k miles for $11,586

HOWEVER:

I found a private part 2011 dodge avenger LUX with 21k miles (touchscreen dvd, nav, all leather, great wheels, halogen headlights, etc.) and its listed for $11,776.00.

The reason we did blank check is because we only wanted to put down $2500 and finance the rest into the loan tax titles fees etc.

If I go to my credit union and apply for this loan, do they typically finance the fees associated, or will we have to put down around 2k ish and pay the fees? I will call on lunch to talk to someone, but we were supposed to go to the dealer today to get the car so Im trying to get my stuff together ASAP to know if its even worth it.

Ideally we would like to put 2500 down with the CU and be done with it. Finance the fees etc. I have no clue how this works, so Im sorry if this is a stupid question.

In my wallet: GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL, Charter One Platinum Rewards 500 CL, Chase Freedom 800 CL, Wal Mart Discover Card 6300 CL, Kay Jewelers 3000 CL
Regular Contributor
ImprovingYouth

Re: Need help, first timer here!!!!

It is my understnading that fees are not usually included into the downpayment, and those would needed to be paid separate from the 2k you were expecting to put down. For a refi you will not be paying tags, title, taxes, etc. that usually takes a large portion of extra money to pay in addition to the loan, you should be paying very minimal fees with whoever is refinancing the loan for you. I would not expect this to be more than 100 dollars.

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly :smileytongue:) //CK:692, Sesame:656

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+