Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with auto financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with auto financing

I have been denied by cap one and road loan. Exp score is 685 (pulled by RoadLoans .  Myfico scores for EQ and tu are 666 and  650.  Chapt 7 discharged 3/14.  Denial by RoadLoans wa lack of trade history  and recent auto loans....Santander repossessed as part of bankruptcy filing.  Am working with lex law to remove negatives including tax liens.   

Where cani get financing?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shiva78
Contributor

Re: Need help with auto financing

Santander is the banks used by Roadloans.

Maybe you go to a Credit Union or apply at the dealership?  My scores are the same as yours.  No BK, just a couple of paid judgements and a couple of paid off defaulted student loans.

I read on here that ppl are still getting approved at CUs and dealers with lower scores more recent BKs.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also try Tidewater Motor Credit/Finance Company, I discharged my Ch. 7 BK in 9/14 and I bought an SUV with them and my interest rate is not fantastic but it's not 19% either.  

Message 3 of 9
Jlu
Established Contributor

OP are you buying new or used? If used, how old and how many miles?

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am interested in 2014 fiat (new), but willing to consider other options.

Message 5 of 9
Jlu
Established Contributor

New is your best bet. You should be able to secure financing, but you'll need a bank or CU that can overlook a BK + repo in the past year which limits your possibilties. Talk to the dealer since you don't have much to lose on a new Fiat (negotiation-wise).. they only have a $500 markup IIRC.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Jlu.  Any suggestions re a cu or bank?

Message 7 of 9
Jlu
Established Contributor

Any suggestions I might have will likely be in the dealer's portfolio. If you were smart you'd negotiate a price on the car first and act like you are securing your own financing. Then when it comes time to close let them know your situation. They'll hate it, but you'll get the best deal that way.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

,Thanks, Jlu.  I will be smart!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.