Need help with possible car deal

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need help with possible car deal

@Sputney23 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Sputney23 wrote:

Thanks for the replys.. The term is for 5 yrs.. The total amount financed would be $12,678.83

with a final balance of $15,772.80 at 8.95% adds on $3,093.97

The car does have alot of milage on it for it only being 4 yrs old.. However it drives well.. Im not much of an Impala fan myself but, the dealership is trying to make it like this is the only thing I can afford with my credit score..

They never mentioned the name of the bank that was finacing me.. I have a credit card with Capital One with a $300 limit

When a dealership tells me they are offering the best and it's not even a car Im in love with, that is your sign to exit the area... and if you have not signed anything and you are not already driving this thing while they "secure" financing.. you should take advantage of being at home and NOT go back and NOT BUY THIS CAR!!

Once approved for $13k, you will probably get approved for $13k or way more elsewhere especially since they are gettin you under 9%... Im not saying that is not high, but I paid 17% back when I bought my Accord at Carmax, I have seen mnay posts with people going through Santander as I had for 19-22%.

so if 9% is best, and Impala is best, and $14k is best... those are three things I would put in my back pocket and go find that car you really want! and stop by the local credit union on the way!

and ALSO since you already started the INq, go apply for Capital One Auto Finance - You will have an answer in probably less than 1 hour.

Thanks.. that helps out alot..

Ill apply for a auto loan through capital one..

Should I enter a certain amount? Or let them decide?

They will come back with something but you could ask for $13 or $14 if you think that's enough... I have done it 2 and both times they came back at least $5k more then what I asked for.

Message 11 of 14
Cellice
Regular Contributor

I find it funny that people still go into dealerships and haggle over prices. Its the longest and most annoying process. Thank god  I've learned to do my research ahead of time.

Message 12 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Cellice wrote:

I find it funny that people still go into dealerships and haggle over prices. Its the longest and most annoying process. Thank god  I've learned to do my research ahead of time.

It really is true... Infiniti, CarMax, Scion, Maybe still Honda - They are pretty no Haggle

I make people do it over the phone and it was funny that the Ford Guy told me I would be back to him when I got into these Dealerships and the phone deals started to fall apart and numbers changed... I wanted to inform him that making comments like that is what would have me never step foot in your dealership!

If you are telling me that coming in will get us to the place we need to be to make a deal but you can't do it over the phone, we do not have a deal!!

Message 13 of 14
p-
Valued Contributor

@Cellice wrote:

:-D  

Yup.  Last one I bought I printed a USAA discount price certificate, then emailed the two dealers listed.  I also emailed two other dealers, and offered them the chance to bid against the others.  I had financing pre-approved, and spent a grand total of 30 minutes in the dealer on pick-up day.

I will never buy a car the old way again.

Never.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.