Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help

tag
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help

I vote different dealership, ask for the finance manager and tell them it's because you're a student and want to ask about something particularly realted to income. Though what he's saying does make sense...I can see why lenders don't want to include that. Get a second opinion and watch out if the new guys are just overeager to sell you a car (sometimes they promise the moon, and way underdeliver.)

And with commission added, does that bring yearly income above 18k? (1.5k/month)?

Message 21 of 28
Hamze

I can see why as well I will just call around and see what they say then. Will my commission checks it will get me near 1.5k/month but I doubt over because it depends on how well my whole team does so really I don't think I will pass it. But I didn't see that part of the post before sorry.
Message 22 of 28
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Below 1.5k is tough. I mean I think Santander officially does consider those apps, but man the interest rate might not be great. See what the next dealer says and your local bank/CU. If one of them takes it, it'd be great.

Message 23 of 28
Hamze

I see well I have someone else if I need a cosigner I have one but I will do my best I hope financial aid counts. I will let you know what happens though! Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!
Message 24 of 28
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Yeah, no problems. A cosignor probably does solve this problem as long as they don't have a TON of debt since we can add their income into the equation. But as you could probably tell, I don't like going that route (both cosigning and having someone else cosign my apps) personally haha. If you don't care, that's obviously fine.

Message 25 of 28
Hamze

I don't like it either but we will see what happens. How high might the interest go if my income falls short ?
Message 26 of 28
Remember0
Valued Contributor

With Santander in particular, 15% wouldn't surprise me. More realistically maybe 8-12%? Also they might not be able do do a new car (long story, but Santander charges loan acquisition fees to dealers that new car dealers essentially can't afford to pay on new cars because the margin is too small).

Also would not surprise me if they just refuse financing on even a used car. LikeI said, below 1.5k is unfortunately a very tough situation as far as lending is concerned.

Message 27 of 28
Hamze

Well I'm really set on getting a new car because I want to invest in a car that will be more essentially from begging till the end pretty much. But anywhere around 6 or 7 would be okay but we will see though. Thanks once again for your help it was really helpful!
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.