Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need someone who knows the details of Ford leasing standards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need someone who knows the details of Ford leasing standards

I am considering leasing a Ford Escape since they have substantial leasing incentives on these cars until 2-28-17.  Based on the Ford calculators I can lease for $1695 down and $170 a month for 36 months on the model I am intrested in.  I understand they normally pull Experian where I have  a 671 Fico 8 and a 653 Fico 8 Auto score.  The wrench in the works is I am currently unemployed but have a substantial retirement account I draw from each month to maintain the same net income we had before I stopped working (119,000).  My wife currently works and earns about half of that $119,000 right now.  I know if my scores were in the mid 700's or more income wouldn't likley even be checked but I am a little concerned about trying this right now.  This car would be a third car to give me something more flexible than my BMW to drive daily.  The BMW is new and paid for in cash and we have a car loan with NFCU that is always paid on time.

Only interested in leasing because I want something cheap enough to make a third car make sense.  This car would be a luxury and certainly I can wait till I return to work some day but the incentives are over 5k so it would be a nice deal to take advantage of.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need someone who knows the details of Ford leasing standards

Ended up making a quick call to a Ford dealership and got through to the finance manager after some BS with a sales guy and his manager.  He said that they generally don't ask for proof of income but if they did my statements from my retirement account will suffice.  Not sure we will do this lease, my wife isn't thrilled about paying for another car so we will see.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.