Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Refi auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to Refi auto loan

Hello all. I am need of some advice. I filed BK in 2007 and never re-established my credit until 7/10 when I purchased a car. At that time my score was a zero. I have made all payment on time and no negatives on my credit except the 4 accounts left on my report for less than $300 that were included in my BK. I checked my score and was surpised to see it was only 550. I would realy like to refi my car for a lower interest rate, but do not think this is posible with such a low score. What else can I do to boost my score without taking out more debt? For FYI, I owe $10,000 and the value of the car is $13,000 so I would be below the LTV. My income is also pretty decent with a long employment history with my company and I have no other debt. Is it worth trying with my credit union? I almost cried whan I saw my score today and realy need some help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need to Refi auto loan

I would try with your CU and to build your score up you would have to open some credit cards.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.