Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to buy a new vehicle on the same day I close on my house

tag
gravytrain912
Established Member

Re: Need to buy a new vehicle on the same day I close on my house

My CU mortgage broker said that I could get a new loan after closing...I will definitely be checking again with him before I move on anything
Message 11 of 16
Appleman
Valued Contributor

You may want to try listing it on Cargurus.com as well.

Unless you find an extremely creative dealership who would pay off your trade and delay the purchase until you close I think you are correct that you will lose the tax benefit of trading in. And I don't even know if that is something they could/would do.

You could swing by Carmax and see what they would offer you to buy your car. They will give you a free 7 day purchase offer.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just don't apply for a car loan for atleast 24 hours after the house close. Yes lenders do pull credit upto seconds before closing and they to do stop deals at that point. 

Message 13 of 16
gravytrain912
Established Member

Why would they pull my credit after the house closing?
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They want to do final check for dti and make sure you are NOT making in large last minute purchases.    I was at a closing where this happened many years ago, Buyer on the way to closing applied for a HD card. Lender pulled credit after that and at the title co when we all got there closer said lender cancelled because of the borrower applying for new credit.   Which do want a car only or house and a car? If the anwer is house and car wait 24  hours after closing.  If you need a car in the meantime get a 7 day rental.   

Message 15 of 16
gravytrain912
Established Member

Thanks for the info! I have already researched the rental car idea

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.