Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get rid of car

tag
Erin28
New Contributor

Re: Need to get rid of car

The mid 600's are looking good... TU and EX Scores have come up 100+ plus points in less than a year. Was in low 500's when I started rebuilding...EQ was in high 400's. I've just got to get EQ as high as the others.
Slowly, But Surely
Message 11 of 16
p-
Valued Contributor

Erin28 wrote: No.... Don't have any CC balances.... Mostly late payments, Only one in the past year....thin credit file, Ive just now been able to get cards such as VS, Amazon, Overstock.... Have a Capital One card that I'm waiting to report....No collections.... Just this car with perfect payment history... Mortgage (that's the one with the one 30 day late this year) , another installment loan (husbands truck... Perfect history) EQ score just sucks really bad. I actually did a 3 month extension on mortgage (to get ahead... car payment is killing us) and they have me reporting as late... So it brought EQ wayyyy down. Contacted them and it should be fixed the next time they report... So hopefully that will give a bump.

They agreed to remove the 30 day late?  That's awesome!  A late payment within the last year will completely kill your score.  Absent any other derogatory item, I'd expect a huge bump when that is gone.  A thin file is not really a problem; I've been helping my sister and her file is less than 6 months old with only one credit card reporting, and she's at 698.

Penfed is a bit squirrelly about recent credit apps and what they call pyramiding.  If you were to garden and not do any more apps, and then eat beans and rice for a couple of months to catch up, you have a good chance of qualifying.  I think thier website has a calculator where you can put in your VIN and get pretty far without actually applying.

Is there anyone that can add you as an authorized user on an old card account with no balance?  They don't even need to give you the card, just add your name.   

Message 12 of 16
p-
Valued Contributor

Erin28 wrote: The mid 600's are looking good... TU and EX Scores have come up 100+ plus points in less than a year. Was in low 500's when I started rebuilding...EQ was in high 400's. I've just got to get EQ as high as the others.

Feels good, doesn't it?  What are your other lates?  Can they be removed with GW?  I'd have to look back at my journal, but I'm pretty sure I still had lates when I joined penfed and got a 1.49% auto refi.  

Message 13 of 16
p-
Valued Contributor

Found it;  Here's my report status when I joined and was approved for the penfed refi:

Be my Pen Fed fortune teller?

Message 14 of 16
Erin28
New Contributor

p, you're awesome! LOL. I'm going to give you the DETAILED scoop on my credit report..maybe you can sort this mess out.

Experian--

Capital One Auto---2013....1-30 Day Late

2014...6-30 Day Late

2015...6- 30 Day Late  

Paid in full, Closed

VS--Balance 0  Credit Limit--$500.00

Open..Never Used

Overstock--Balance 0--Credot Limit $300 (I think)

Open..Never Used

Regional Acc (Nightmare Car Loan)

Open...No Lates

Amazon---Balance $105.00  Credit Limit- $700.00

Open..No Lates

Bank---Balance $6,500.00

Open...No Lates

Finger Hut Fresh Start.. $250.00 Limit

Closed, PaidIn Full...They switched in to regular finger hut account...Only used one, paid off. 

Finger Hut --- Balance $0

Never used...$250.00 Limit

No Collections

Transunion

Bank...10--30 Day Lates (2012 & 2013)

Paid in full, Closed

Capital One Auto---2013....1-30 Day Late

2014...6-30 Day Late

2015...6- 30 Day Late  

Paid in full, Closed

VS--Balance 0  Credit Limit--$500.00

Open..Never Used

Overstock--Balance 0--Credot Limit $300 (I think)

Open..Never Used

Regional Acc (Nightmare Car Loan)

Open...No Lates

Amazon---Balance $105.00  Credit Limit- $700.00

Open..No Lates

Bank---Balance $6,500.00

Open...No Lates

Finger Hut Fresh Start.. $250.00 Limit

Closed, Paid In Full...They switched it to regular finger hut account...Only used one, paid off. 

Finger Hut --- Balance $0

Never used...$250.00 Limit

Bank---3---60 Day Lates (2009)...1--30 Day Late (2010)

Paid, Closed

Equifax  

Ameris Bank (Mortgage)

Started as United Security Bank...many many lates starting from 2006...Switched from USB to Ameris Bank..Many many lates with them...When do 30 day lates start to not count towards score? 

Everything else in file is same as other two bureaus....No collections.

Slowly, But Surely
Message 15 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

It can be done. Trying to get Penfed or someone similar to refinance makes a lot of sense. I think if you.give it a bit more time you are in! Like many of us have, this will be a learning experience you'll never forget!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.