Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing to apply for a Chevy 3500 or equivalent towing vehicle

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Needing to apply for a Chevy 3500 or equivalent towing vehicle

My profile might be considered "thin" .... will I qualify?  Any suggestions here?  Scores are good.  Payment history is good.  Several new accounts though are maybe hurting me.  Car loan would certainly help diversify credit report.  Open to suggestions and ideas.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Needing to apply for a Chevy 3500 or equivalent towing vehicle

1. I don't think you will have an issue getting the loan through Chevy.

2. CLOSE FIRST PREMIER NOW! you don't need it and it's a waste of money!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should close it? ..... I thought I was locked into keeping that darn thing for a while to keep the "aging" of the accounts etc .... That doesn't matter?  I don't use it, it doesn't cost me anything - yet, but I think it will starting soon.  

It was an impulse buy kind of thing which was totally stupid before I really "monitored" my credit and understood how much my good credit habits could benefit me.  The minute I took the credit block off my report for something, bam that first premier thing showed up and me being an idiot, I didn't even realize that it was because I took the block off and a gazillion things would start to show up .... dummy me took the first thing that came along and didn't realize that the good stuff was yet to come and my scores were great and I didn't need to settle for something like a First Premier card with a terrible rate.  Live and learn.  Now I know.

So you think I should just apply direct for the truck and go for it?  

Thanks Credit Addict - your addiction is SO helpful Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I should close it? ..... I thought I was locked into keeping that darn thing for a while to keep the "aging" of the accounts etc .... That doesn't matter?  I don't use it, it doesn't cost me anything - yet, but I think it will starting soon.  

It was an impulse buy kind of thing which was totally stupid before I really "monitored" my credit and understood how much my good credit habits could benefit me.  The minute I took the credit block off my report for something, bam that first premier thing showed up and me being an idiot, I didn't even realize that it was because I took the block off and a gazillion things would start to show up .... dummy me took the first thing that came along and didn't realize that the good stuff was yet to come and my scores were great and I didn't need to settle for something like a First Premier card with a terrible rate.  Live and learn.  Now I know.

So you think I should just apply direct for the truck and go for it?  

Thanks Credit Addict - your addiction is SO helpful Smiley Happy

it will still report for your age on your report open or closed... close away!

is this a work truck for a company you own? I see the amex biz... you could even possibly consider applying for this truck with your business with you as personal gaurantee!

chevy is pretty laid back with credit though i believe the question will be if you can get the best rate out of it... i would Truecar the price for this truck too!

make sure the only thing you have to fight with them over is interest rate on the loan not how much you pay for the truck!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is TOTALLY for work.  

What does "truecar the price" mean?

Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Truecar is a website that you can put in what you want and options too if you want and a radius you are willing to travel to and dealers will instantly start emailing and calling prices. I don't answer the phone, I do by email only first and collect a few prices and then start making sure they have it in stock with options you want.
It's the bo haggle way to buy!!!
Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Oops no haggle
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.