cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negotiating tips. Used TrueCar by accident...

tag
whaddupmia07
Established Member

Negotiating tips. Used TrueCar by accident...

So, I was clicking around on TrueCar just trying to set up an account. Next thing I know, dealers in Northern California are calling me asking about my inquiry. Sigh. I didn't actually realize I was inquiring about a specific vehicle. I really wanted to do the only negotiating myself, without the help of TrueCar. Now the one dealership I really wanted to deal with already received an inquiry from me even though I'm not necessarily ready to buy. Do you think I can still send them a personal email trying to negotiate prices? The reason for wanting to deal with this particular dealership (though I will inquire other places to see if they can beat the price) is because they have great reviews on dealerrater, yelp, facebook and all of the above. Not to mention they offer a killer warranty at no additional charge. Any advice on internet negotiating would be helpful!

Current Scores: EQ 662 TU 671 EX 669
Goal: 700 across the board
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Negotiating tips. Used TrueCar by accident...

Trucar is not the lowest price.

Look for the how to buy a car thread on this forum. There's a form letter you can use in an email to all the area dealers.

Go in at the end of the month. I know it sounds cliche but it works. I've seen some of the best deals happen at the end of the month, even dealers taking a lost on a deal just so they qualify for the bonus for that month/quarter.

The challenge is finding that dealer.... Just don't be in a hurry unless you need a car now.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Negotiating tips. Used TrueCar by accident...

Just ignore the emails and phone calls. I got a few calls & emails when I was looking by accidently clicking as well. When I was ready to buy I used this email letter and went from there. I simply pretended as if I had never contacted anyone. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.