cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Auto Loan Questions

tag
jclark192

New Auto Loan Questions

We will be applying for a new auto loan in the near future and I have a couple questions I was hoping someone could help me with. Long story short long history of great credit hit an employment slump and we are near the end of digging out of a financial mess. We are looking to purchase a car in the next couple of months and last year when we replaced one car I remember the finance person at the dealership saying most of the banks denied us since we were in consumer credit counsiling. We were approved with Capital One Auto and 5th 3rd which we went with but ended up being sold immediatly to Santander. The consumer credit counsiling is scheduled to be paid off in March but I potentially could have it paid off by the end of the year. We also have multiple credit pulls from October of 2013 due to fall off. My main questions are - can anyone confirm that the CCCS being paid off will open up financing doors and if it does is it the fact that it is paid off or does the length of being out of it create the doors opening? How big of a boost will the auto credit pulls from 2013 falling off cause? My husband is around 655 on Discover and I am at 650. Both scores are from August and we paid off a large amount on some credit cards (not in the cccs) so we may get a boost from that too. I really had planned on replacing the 2nd vehicle in Spring of last year but our 17 year old Mountaneer with 200K+ miles is going downhill very fast and I don't think she will make it. Any advice? PS I do have an account set up with DCU but we were denied last year when we financed that vehicle.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jclark192

Re: New Auto Loan Questions

Sorry if I was long winded. Let me simplify - Does anyone have any experience with getting an auto loan while in a DMP with CCCS? Will it help to pay it off and wait a month or two or does having the line items read in payment plan on your credit reports haunt you for 7 years?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.