cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Car Loan

tag
lepeetomain

New Car Loan

I recently turned in a leased car to lease a new car. The lender is BMW Financial Services.

I made 30 months of auto bill pay. BMW picked up the lease six months early to bulk up their

pre-owned stock. This new car loan (new acct.) has cost me 29 fico points. This is to me an 

unreasonable decrease. I am taking on less debt (lower payment).

The payment record was flawless for 30 months. This is simply a lateral move. Why should

I be penalized 29 points? Please help any information or ideas.

Thank you,

Lepeetomain

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: New Car Loan

@lepeetomain wrote:

I recently turned in a leased car to lease a new car. The lender is BMW Financial Services.

I made 30 months of auto bill pay. BMW picked up the lease six months early to bulk up their

pre-owned stock. This new car loan (new acct.) has cost me 29 fico points. This is to me an 

unreasonable decrease. I am taking on less debt (lower payment).

The payment record was flawless for 30 months. This is simply a lateral move. Why should

I be penalized 29 points? Please help any information or ideas.

Thank you,

Lepeetomain

Keep in mind the new TL decreased your AAOA. Depending on your profile, you might have been rebucketed - you'll regain your points back in 6+ months. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.