Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Cars in one week!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Cars in one week!!!

Our daughter turned 17 last month and has been begging us for a car the first year well last night me and hubby picked up our new mercedes s550 and literally right after we went to BMW which is right next door. Guy ran my husband business. We leased the car soley through our business. We got her a brand new 2016 BMW 435i xdrive converitble. The car is listed at 67k has m sport very nice car. White on black. We put $4,000 down and leased for 36 months $823.00/month. Hubby is picking it put tommorow and im gonna meet him with my daughter and surprise her!!. BMW advised if they put me on the lease the payment would sky rocket. but Mercedes said it was fine.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: New Cars in one week!!!

Congrats (I think)

I have teen drivers and there's no way in *bleep* they will be rolling new vehicles, and especially not a $70k one! But you seem happy so, congrats! lol

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 2 of 15
Pway
Valued Contributor

OMG, that is quite a car for a 17 year old.  I just cannot see it, although YMMV.  On top of that a lease.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 15
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! That 435i xdrive is definitely a nice car.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.. Another car? You guys enjoy it but that car payment for a 17 year old is a bit much.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

OMG, that is quite a car for a 17 year old.  I just cannot see it, although YMMV.  On top of that a lease.

Its funny cause I would never finance, I dont like the thought of the car losing value, I drive low miles and love a new car every 2 years. And you would be surprised to see what her friends have, new jeeps, beamers, mercedes, range rover... etc

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow.. Another car? You guys enjoy it but that car payment for a 17 year old is a bit much.

I know its pricey for some but i had a talk with my daughter she is going local for college that was the deal if she wanted such a car. My other daughter does not have a car like this since shes goes  away private. 

Message 7 of 15
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

So what part of long island are you from?

Also I don't know may be it's me but I wouldn't want a 17 year old driving a M series car. Those cars run on beast mode and no 17 year is prepared to handle that kind of power. 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:

So what part of long island are you from?

Also I don't know may be it's me but I wouldn't want a 17 year old driving a M series car. Those cars run on beast mode and no 17 year is prepared to handle that kind of power. 

south shore west islip, and it has the m sport styling package not engine its a 435

Message 9 of 15
blacheg

Yup, M sport package is totally different from the actual "M" car. Think of it as like a mid trim between as base 4-series, and the M4.

Anyways, congrats on the purchase! I was considering a M235i for myself but was a little too small for my liking. She's gonna love it.

Credit Line:

Discover IT: $7500
Capitol One Journey: $1550
Cap One Platinum: $2100

Current score: 678 Equifax / 676 TransUnion
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.