cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New car purchase today, better interest!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New car purchase today, better interest!!

I feel very lucky and wanted to share with you all. I've been repairing my credit since March and have had a lot of baddies removed but a lot still remaining that I'm working on or waiting out.

I was financing my car, a 2015 Kia Forte LX, through Santander. They haven't been very good to me despite my perfect payment history with them over the last 14 months so I decided to trade my car for something else (because I couldn't refinance with another lender). They financed my Forte with zero down, 22k at 15% interest, payments at 473.66/mo. Today I was approved for a new 2015 Kia Optima, 27k, zero down with 13.99% interest. Payments went up to $548 but now I'm with a lender that will refi their own loan. Santander would not. I plan to do that once I have a good payment history with the new lender and my scores are a little higher. They pulled all 3 bureaus with scores in the high 500's.

So, in a nutshell, I think it's awesome that I got a loan for 27k with a lower interest rate, even if it's not much lower. A year ago, lenders would've laughed in my face lol.

Thanks for reading, I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. 😊
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.