cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here and looking to join PenFed plus get AUTO LOAN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Auto Loan Process Questions???

Just FYI: the mods here tend to frown on 4 separate posts about the same thing

Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New here and looking to join PenFed plus get AUTO LOAN

Make sure you get gap insurance becuase you will most likely be pretty underwater on a 72k month loan for a number of years to come.  Financing for that long is trouble on a number of levels IMO.

That also means you're not going to be able to sell this car and get out from under the loan if you lose your job or something unexpected happens and a crazy high payment is no longer feasible.

Have you considered buying this vehicle used a few years old? I soooo wanted a brand new 2000 Mustang GT. I was looking at $500 something payments and decided it just wasn't a good idea. In 2005, I ended up buying an '02 with 18k miles. Payment = $275. Going a few years old on a higher end car can really bring it into one's budget.

Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh Ok... Looks a bit different to me though (Just FYI) because im asking about the process of the loan and how it works. Feel me? 

Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are good points. I just want the longer option as an option, but more than likely ill double payments or pay it off in less than 72 months. I may do 60 or 65 if its an option. But based on what you're saying, I'll look more into 60 months. Plus the Charger RT i want is made differently in previous years than the 2017 i want. Once my scores go up to where im expecting ill be good to go. I appreciate your feedback fam.

Message 14 of 39
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Those are good points. I just want the longer option as an option, but more than likely ill double payments or pay it off in less than 72 months. I may do 60 or 65 if its an option. But based on what you're saying, I'll look more into 60 months. Plus the Charger RT i want is made differently in previous years than the 2017 i want. Once my scores go up to where im expecting ill be good to go. I appreciate your feedback fam.

U have good taste lol I got my eye on a Charger SRT when i dump my current car at end of the year.

Message 15 of 39
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Fico Family!

So i plan to open memberhsip through PenFed organization and then apply for auto loan also. My questions are:

1) Can I apply for membership and auto loan upon approval in the same day?

2) When applying for auto loan, will i give the vehicles VIN number? Will I need to use the net price of the car on the website and does that include taxes or should i round up?

I guess what I'm asking on question #2 is how will PenFed determine how much i applied for based on the price of car? I want to make sure i apply for the correct amount. The internet says the car is $41,063 Net. So how much would I apply for? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

PS my scores will all be above 720 and possibly over 750 in a couple weeks. So my scores will be in tact. LASTLY, CAN ALL THIS BE DONE FROM APPLYING TO DRIVING AWAY IN CAR WITHIN 2 DAYS?

I told u this yesterday with either DCU or Penfed u can apply for car first then join!

Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good taste, indeed!

I fight new car fever myself almost daily. But until I have no debt and a $25k emergency fund, it's gotta wait Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I respect that. $25k emerg. funds is impressive. Keep it up.

The SRT is mean yes, just staying in my price range lol. My current car note is only $500/month so ill stay around that range. An SRT or Hellcat will put me over 1k a month lol. Are all if not most PemFed credit cards able to carry a balance or are they like charge cards where the balance has to be paid in full?

Message 18 of 39
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good taste, indeed!

I fight new car fever myself almost daily. But until I have no debt and a $25k emergency fund, it's gotta wait Smiley Happy

lol I am a Sales Manager at a car dealership so the fever is double strong with me Steeler. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 19 of 39
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I respect that. $25k emerg. funds is impressive. Keep it up.

The SRT is mean yes, just staying in my price range lol. My current car note is only $500/month so ill stay around that range. An SRT or Hellcat will put me over 1k a month lol. Are all if not most PemFed credit cards able to carry a balance or are they like charge cards where the balance has to be paid in full?

I'm stay in my price range also not getting a hellcat I'm get a 15,16 SRT i been keeping tabs on them i can pick up a low mileage one for about 35K with my 5K down if u are open to a low mileage used forget the RT when u can have a SRT just saying.

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.