Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here, and super confused.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New here, and super confused.

Thing is I did sign my contract, the loan is still processing I'm assuming since they still need quite a bit of info from me. I'm super new to all of this and don't really understand it lol.
Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure I can help anymore.  If they are still asking for information your loan is not final.  Many, many folks sign for a loan initially and do a finance through a different bank a few days later.  Your choices are provide Suntrust with the information and take their loan or finance with a credit union or other bank.  I really think your making this more complicated than it is.  I understand your new to it and it can be confusing but there is never a time that you cannot finance with a different bank.  Even if Suntrust finanlized the loan you can still finance through a CU or bank, they will just send the check to Suntrust instead of the dealer.  

Message 32 of 35
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not sure I can help anymore.  If they are still asking for information your loan is not final.  Many, many folks sign for a loan initially and do a finance through a different bank a few days later.  Your choices are provide Suntrust with the information and take their loan or finance with a credit union or other bank.  I really think your making this more complicated than it is.  I understand your new to it and it can be confusing but there is never a time that you cannot finance with a different bank.  Even if Suntrust finanlized the loan you can still finance through a CU or bank, they will just send the check to Suntrust instead of the dealer.  

I agree 100%, and the only time I have ever heard of a financial institution requiring the title to finance a vehicle is if it is being purchased from an individual...or is a title loan. Here at least, I can get financing from local credit union without a title, if it is from a dealer...new or used. I never even see a title until the lein is satisfied. I wonder what State the OP is from? If credit unions there require the title to do the financing, this might be a State I would avoid. This is the 21st century, with wire transfers, electronic documents and such. Do credit unions there really have a bunch of file cabinets full of car titles? Hope they never have a fire...loan canceled. The only purpose for a State Highway Dept. issued title here is so an individual can sell the vehicle to another individual or dealership.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in MD, my CU is pretty small only like 10 of them. They are awesome though, best CU I've had. I'm just going to wait 3-6 months to refinance all of the inquiries are hitting hard 😂 I do have a smallish problem, gross income from both of my jobs is 2300(and some change) I also get 520 from my sons father for CS. Wasn't thinking and put 2600 dollars monthly which is actually less then I get a month, realized I have no way to prove it as we kept everything out of courts. With I get in trouble for missing the 300$ and my loan get denied? Kinda freaking out about it.
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

*no way of proving CS
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.