Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New vs. Used

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: New vs. Used

@Anonymous wrote:

For me, the feature I wanted most was smart cruise control. The car I had before my BK was a 2012 Ford Fusion. I bought that because I wanted the blind spot detection, but more for the cross traffic alerts when backing out of a parking space. In both cases it was tough to find anything in the used market with those features that was going to be appreciably cheaper than just buying new. In 3 years when my lease is up it will be interesting to see what other goodies they come out with. 

Yeah... I can be backing up and mine starts beeping at vehicles that are headed in my direction from 2 blocks down the street.

Very impressive.  The BSD is just as impressive.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 21 of 22
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: New vs. Used

@Anonymous wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

Buy used and avoid that initial, instant depreciation. I really don't know why anyone would buy a brand new car.

If nobody bought new cars there would be no used cars to buy.

The auto rental and leasing segments of the auto industry are the largest sources of used vehicles in the auction market... but your point is well taken.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.