Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Question about Using Auto Loan

tag
creditdemon
New Contributor

Newbie Question about Using Auto Loan

Hi, sorry this is a really dumb question but here goes.  Once I apply for auto loans and get approved, do I have to wait to receive a check or will the dealership be able to call the company directly and verify I have been approved for X amount and start the finance process?  Not sure what the steps are here.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Newbie Question about Using Auto Loan

@creditdemon wrote:

Hi, sorry this is a really dumb question but here goes.  Once I apply for auto loans and get approved, do I have to wait to receive a check or will the dealership be able to call the company directly and verify I have been approved for X amount and start the finance process?  Not sure what the steps are here.

Did you do Capital One Blank check or?

Message 2 of 7
creditdemon
New Contributor

I havent done anything yet, planning on apping this week. Just not sure how it will work or how soon I should start apping depending on when I want the car

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@creditdemon wrote:

I havent done anything yet, planning on apping this week. Just not sure how it will work or how soon I should start apping depending on when I want the car

do you know what car you want?

Message 4 of 7
creditdemon
New Contributor

Yep, we've emailed around and got some great quotes on the Subaru Crosstrek, just want to get some loan quotes before seeing what the dealer can do

Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@creditdemon wrote:

Yep, we've emailed around and got some great quotes on the Subaru Crosstrek, just want to get some loan quotes before seeing what the dealer can do

since im seeing .9 and 2.9% APR specials unless that's only for short term I don't see you getting competitive rates to that from any other bank.

Message 6 of 7
creditdemon
New Contributor

Ty!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.