Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu auto loan??

tag
Rein
Regular Contributor

Nfcu auto loan??

I just got approved for a $6k cl nfcu cc. My cs is eq 584 ex 620 tu not sure. I'm in need of a new car. what are my chances of getting approve for an auto loan with these score and how generous is nfcu with auto loan? I know they are very nice with cc. Should I wait to rebuild for several months before I go for the auto? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Nfcu auto loan??

If you have a branch near you then print a copy of your Equifax credit report (Hopefully from this site so it has an accurate score) and sit down with a loan officer to see what they say. You may also be able to call their customer service line and have them direct you to the right person to help you on the phone. If your credit card approval was fairly recent they may still be able to review the information in their files. NFCU is very generous in working with people to rebuild from issues with other lenders. Worst case scenario you may need to wait a few months and show them some responsible behavior.

There is some unproven evidence that having an active banking relationship with them such as direct deposit and their being your primary bank seems to benefit your chances of approvals. I was not an ideal credit candidate when I switched to them about 3 years ago. Now I have the NAVCHECK LOC at max, a high limit CC and an offer sitting out there for a preapproved auto loan. And I am in the process of refinancing my VA mortgage with them. They are super friendly to work with.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
madmann26
Valued Contributor

It's going to depend what your overall credit looks like. More then likely, it will be a manual review.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 5
2jst4me
Established Member

I was just approved 3 days ago for a $22,500 auto loan with them.  its 13.49% APR but with my credit score im just glad to be approved

1/22/13 Fico Starting Score: 568
8/30/13 FAKO EQ 578, EX 569, TU 581
Current Score:FAKO EQ 588
Goal Score: 660

Message 4 of 5
Bigdaddy69
New Contributor

@2jst4me wrote:

I was just approved 3 days ago for a $22,500 auto loan with them.  its 13.49% APR but with my credit score im just glad to be approved

2jst4me:

They approved you for a auto loan for $22.5K based on a 568 fico score?

Very nice my friend, if I may ask what are your derogs on your CR?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.