Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu auto refi

tag
wyattm
New Contributor

Nfcu auto refi

Hello,
I currently have an auto loan of 30,000 with Alaska credit union with a 9.9 intrest rate. I just applied for a auto refi through NFCU and was approved for a 8.6%. I was hoping for a lower rate. Does anybody know if they will negotiate on the rate or is that a final offer? I will be calling them later today to ask, but thought I would get some input here first.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nfcu auto refi

I don't believe they negotiate, they may be able to tell you what is making the rate so high, if it is something that you can fix fairly quick perhaps you can reapply later.  The other option is digital credit union.  I havent had any luck with them, they don't seem to like my IRS lien so I cannot get a membership.  NFCU has been great and I have gone from 12.5% with Santander in July to 8.5 with Capital one early this month and then 4.29% with NFCU just a week ago.

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They will not negotiate rate!

Message 3 of 6
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Try USAA.

Message 4 of 6
mjfriend1
Established Member

I ended up refinancing my NFCU loans with DCU. Rate was alot lower even though I have all my accounts with NFCU.

BBVA Compass NBA16K | Flagship 22k | NFCU Cash Rewards 22k | NFCU LOC 15k | AMEX EveryDay 2k | AMEX Costco 9,500 | AMEX BCE 10,100 | USAA Platinum 1k | USAA AMEX 3,500 | USSA World 7k | NASA Platinum 3k | NASA PLOC 25k | PenFed Platinum 12k | PenFed Promise 5k | Chase Military 2,500 | Chase Freedom 6k | Chase Sapphire 8k | Discover IT 1K | Barclays NFL 11k | Barclays Apple 3k | Walmart 3,300 | Amazon 2,500 | Ashley Home 10k | Lowes 12k | American Eagle 1,024 | Express 900 | Military Star 2,700

3/20/2015: EX 755 EQ 742 TU 749
Message 5 of 6
guydiver
Established Contributor

I agree. Try DCU. Good luck.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.