Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nissan Motor Acceptance Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nissan Motor Acceptance Credit

Though I no longer work strictly for Nissan...the information provided above is spot on!!!  If the finance manager or desk manager has a good relationship with their NMAC "Buyer" (Credit Analyst) then they can call if you are close to being approved for a higher tier.  I always called and said that Toyota was offering this customer 0% so if I want to earn their business I am going to have to match that!!!  It worked 90% of the time to get the tier bump!  It's amazing to me how some people can get such poor financing terms just because of inexperiene of the dealership employees!

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to reply to something that I saw in a previous comment on this thread...If you are approved through NMAC Tier 1 - Tier 6 they will not ask for Proof of Income 99.9% of the time and any tier below that they will not ask for it 95% of the time.  They use what is called LEXISNEXIS IRS INCOME VERIFICATION...if you work for a national company they will use your SS# and work phone number to pull income records from what is reported to them.  

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not work for work for a national company.

Also I copied the fine print on the IRS VERIFY you mentioned.  "Accordingly, information provided via the IRS Verify services may not be used in whole or in part as a factor in determining eligibility for credit"

I do not want to start a fire storm. I'm confused. Here is the whole thing:

The LexisNexis® IRS Verify provides a direct gateway access connection to data maintained by the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS Verify services are not provided by “consumer reporting agencies,” as that term is defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. § 1681, et seq.) (“FCRA”) and do not deliver a “consumer report” as that term is defined in the FCRA. Accordingly, information provided via the IRS Verify services may not be used in whole or in part as a factor in determining eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or another purpose in connection with which a consumer report may be used under the FCRA. Source data is sometimes reported or entered inaccurately, or processed incorrectly, and is generally not free from defect. These services are not the source of the data, nor a comprehensive compilation of the data. Before relying on any data, it should be independently verified. LexisNexis, Lexis, Nexis and the Knowledge Burst logo are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under license. Other products and services may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Due to the nature of the origin of public record information, the public records and commercially available data sources used in reports may contain errors. Source data is sometimes reported or entered inaccurately, processed poorly or incorrectly, and is generally not free from defect. This product or service aggregates and reports data, as provided by the public records and commercially available data sources, and is not the source of the data, nor is it a comprehensive compilation of the data. Before relying on any data, it should be independently verified.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have been more clear in my definition of LexisNexis...I believe if you google this "LexisNexis® RiskView™ Solutions for Auto Lending" it will give you a better understanding of what I was talking about.  

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thank you I better understand that process. I downloaded the Risk view pdf. It gives a full explanation of what's on a lexisnexis report. As I suspected they do not have access to your private IRS information without your express permission through another IRS form. It looks like lexisnexis is a public records and background checker. Previous residences, openclosed accounts, collections, judgements, liens, repos, assists, credit inquires, and criminal record. 

If they are looking past 7 years for negative items they could be violating the FCRA and the statue of limitations on negative reporting items.

That pdf from lexisnexis. Riskview can be found here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=lexisnexis%20riskview&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ve... 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted this in another thread, hope it helps. Sorry it's not in alphabetical order. The dealer can always negotiate your tier with the bank. If your primary is over 600 they can pull the secondary to see the score for pricing as well (and to see your paid Auto). Once they pull a secondary they stick with it and your tier is what it is. They rely heavily on previous Auto and Mortgage experience to get an idea if you are going to pay them or not. If you are having trouble make sure they see your Equifax (paid Auto) if it's available for your state. And of course cash down plus your debt and payment ratios are factors.

The 2014 and 2015 Juke have special APR's. 36 months at 0% or 48-60 months at 0.9% for tier 7 and up. 72 months at 0.9% for tier 5 and up.  Good luck!

For Tiers 1-3 they have 0% financing up to 72 months.

This is for Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.

Tier 1: 740+

Tier 2: 720-739

Tier 3: 700-719

Tier 4: 680-699

Tier 5: 660-679

Tier 6: 640-659

Tier 7: 620-639

Tier 8: 600-619

Tier 9: <600 

Format:
State

Primary
Secondary

I am looking to buy a nissan car in new jersey, my credit score is Transunion- 695, please let me know what TIER i belong to and what would be the interest rate that Nissan finance can offer me.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.