Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No inquiry from BMWFS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No inquiry from BMWFS?

So I had a car from BMWFS before (2016 Mini Cooper 4dr) it eventually got totaled so I ordered a new one (Convertible) also leased thru BMWFS, and something I found interesting was that they never hard inquired again, but they approved me at a higher tier this time. Which is a great thing, and I'm definitely not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but just found it odd that they didn't need to do a hard inq again. Maybe they just soft pulled? Has anyone else had a similar experience? 

5 REPLIES 5
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: No inquiry from BMWFS?

You are lucky the dealer didn't pull your CR.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha I know. Just thought it was odd that they didn’t. Perhaps it’ll come in a few days.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is almost no chance they soft pulled.  I get a nice bird dog commission for bringing people in to my BMW dealership (I own a few electric BMWs that I rent on Turo, lol) and I always help people get their credit into good condition before applying for BMW FS.  So far I have a 100% approval record so the dealerships love me as do the consumers!

I have never once NOT seen BMW FS not hard pull.  My local dealer's finance manager will ask which report to pull and if they don't know, he will pull one, and if it's not prime score pull another, and if that doesn't meet it, pull the third, and then use whatever the high score is to call in underwriting and get them approved.  He gets people approved as low as 580, but he gets them approved each time.

They always pull.

Did you special order a BMW this time?  If so, maybe they soft pull for the order process and hard pull when it comes time to hand over the keys when the car arrives?

VERY weird.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did custom order the car, and over the course I changed a few things, increasing the price. I actually just noticed that they pulled the credit earlier today (I took delivery on Saturday) so that answers that. Lol 😂
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha, yup!  Special orders are probably SP -- who did they end up pulling?

Congrats on the new custom car!  Seems like every woman I date is a Mini Cooper driver (at least the past decade) and I am SUPER excited about the Mini EV coming out in 2019, might snag one myself if it has rent potential!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.