Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody in the world will approve my auto loan!!!!! AHHHHHH

tag
duyen28262
Valued Member

Re: Nobody in the world will approve my auto loan!!!!! AHHHHHH

I agree with others that the car is too old for a bank to finance. As in my case, BBT told me that it has to be at least 2010 model.

FICO TU 656 (Barclays 07/15/14) - FICO EQ 650 (DCU 07/25/14) - ? FICO EX ?
 photo 9ed69652-dfc4-4961-b6ba-f0cf0ae5d607.png
BBT Visa Signature $7,000
Message 11 of 15
HectorVictorious
Regular Contributor

So I just wanted to hit people back up with a follow-up.  Just walked out of the dealer with a 2013 Toyota Camry.  A bit high miles on it, but that is okay.  Its got 30000 miles.  SUPER nice car, and since my last car was a Corolla that went 250000 miles, I figure it is a good risk.

I started off the morning going into the dealer I went into yesterday where I waited for 3 hours. I went in with my friend today and he co-signed for me. He has co-signed for two people before, all of which paid off their loans with no problems... The dealer told me that the banks are unwilling to work with us because we were not related... Seriously?

I did go onto roadloans.com and was approved for a $30,000 loan at 25% interest. I would have been paying $550 a month for 7 years, and in reality paying over $40000.00.

I decided this would have to be a last option.  I'd buy a beater before that.

After I got home and collapsed from exhaustion on the couch, I got a call from a local dealer, who said they could try to get me a deal.  I told them that I was looking for a Mustang (for looks), a Camry (for Gas Mileage), or a Jeep Wrangler (for sportyness Smiley Wink ).  They said they had a jeep and two Camry's.  I took a look at them online, and told them that I would love their blue Camry, and they said that they would work on getting me a loan.  I told them that the price was a bit much for me (18900 for a 2013 really not that bad around here) and he immediately took it down to 15000.  He said he would work on the loan part. 

The guy called me up in about 45 minutes, saying that he secured me a loan.  He got my APR to 10%, no money down, and I am the proud owner of a 2013 Toyota Camry.  30,000 miles on it.  He said all that he needed was my license, and he'd have me in and out in 20 minutes.  I came in, and signed everything, and was out in 17 minutes flat.

My advice to people on here, is to keep trying.  You don't have to go for a crazy APR (though 10% is a bit high, I'll try to refinance in a year or so).  Shop around.  Some places will work with you more.  Some banks are terrible.  Some are great.  These guys and the bank I was working with were awesome.

Good luck to everyone!

~Hector

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 591
Goal Score: 700

Cards: First Progress Secured Card $600.00; U.S. Bank Secured Card $500.00

Goal: AMEX Rewards Card, Purchase House by the end of 2014
Message 12 of 15
CJIII29
Regular Contributor

Congrats, I am trying to get me a used pick up truck with low miles.

Chase Slate Credit Card $1500 credit limit Best Buy Credit
Card $2000 credit limit Amazon Store Card $2100 credit limit .

My Fico scores: Experian 710, Equifax, 702, Transunion 716.
Message 13 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

YAY.. Congrats! and a great reliable car that won't give you trouble... good for you!

Message 14 of 15
socal88

Congrats!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.