Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not good credit and absolutely no one will approve me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not good credit and absolutely no one will approve me

Most of us can understand your frustration as well as any apprehension you may have. I don’t know what the % is... but there are a lot of folks here in the forum (including myself) that had to rebuild their credit as well, some more than once.

I haven't seen any judgement, that is not what this forum is about. We're all here to help each other learn and to improve our credit.

Us new members learn from the senior members (ex. "pizza1") who have a vast amount of knowledge. As we learn and our credit knowledge grows we help out newer member too. It really is a great place to be in.

To be able to fully help, we really need all of the information that pizza1 asked for. It may seem irrelevant, but so often it is detrimental.

Message 11 of 31
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I have no clue. i looked all over, everything was paid on time. i have a 100% rating when it comes to that. i talked to navy fed and they said just to wait for my debt payoffs to show up and try again. I dont know why im getting the short end of the stick every time i try to get approved. I really dont.

wrote:
Need to know what has impacted your score to be able to help you out. Time will fix smaller mistakes which will in turn open the door to more rebuilding options. The important thing is to stop the bleeding, do not fall into the open arms of the many predatory lenders that love to take advantage of people in your position. Its never a good idea to pay more than a cars value just to get financing and thats what you will do if you fall into the buy here pay here trap lots. Lots of info to help you in the rebuilding section

Tough love here. One doesn’t nave a 500 something credit score with no baddies. So please stop with this. People are asking what baddies so they can help you come up with a plan to get your credit going and cards. It’s to know what baddies? if you have a thin file? What positive accounts you have. Knowing your situation isn’t to judge. It’s to get you a secured card or something to get you going. Many of us in here have had bad profiles and learned. You may have 100% on time from current accounts. But there are things called collections and judgements that many have had that hold scores down. If you seriously want advise and help from the great folks in here it’s time to set this anger aside and let people know what type of things are on your CRA. Let people help you. Otherwise why bother? There is no need to hide the past mistakes. We’ve all had them. You won’t get good advise until we know what’s holding your credit profile down.

THIS!! in a nut shell. In order to help you, you have to be honest, and lay it all out there.  Seriously, you have baddies. Just list them all, and lets move on to helping you out. 

Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I have no clue. i looked all over, everything was paid on time. i have a 100% rating when it comes to that. i talked to navy fed and they said just to wait for my debt payoffs to show up and try again. I dont know why im getting the short end of the stick every time i try to get approved. I really dont.

wrote:
Need to know what has impacted your score to be able to help you out. Time will fix smaller mistakes which will in turn open the door to more rebuilding options. The important thing is to stop the bleeding, do not fall into the open arms of the many predatory lenders that love to take advantage of people in your position. Its never a good idea to pay more than a cars value just to get financing and thats what you will do if you fall into the buy here pay here trap lots. Lots of info to help you in the rebuilding section

Tough love here. One doesn’t nave a 500 something credit score with no baddies. So please stop with this. People are asking what baddies so they can help you come up with a plan to get your credit going and cards. It’s to know what baddies? if you have a thin file? What positive accounts you have. Knowing your situation isn’t to judge. It’s to get you a secured card or something to get you going. Many of us in here have had bad profiles and learned. You may have 100% on time from current accounts. But there are things called collections and judgements that many have had that hold scores down. If you seriously want advise and help from the great folks in here it’s time to set this anger aside and let people know what type of things are on your CRA. Let people help you. Otherwise why bother? There is no need to hide the past mistakes. We’ve all had them. You won’t get good advise until we know what’s holding your credit profile down.

THIS!! in a nut shell. In order to help you, you have to be honest, and lay it all out there.  Seriously, you have baddies. Just list them all, and lets move on to helping you out. 

I'm telling you everything i know. I dont know what you mean by baddies other than ive made poor decisions of not paying my stuff on time when i was younger. other than that i dont know what to tell you. what are collections and what are judgements? i am literally telling you everything i know. i dont know what to tell you other than that.

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I'm telling you everything i know. I dont know what you mean by baddies other than ive made poor decisions of not paying my stuff on time when i was younger. other than that i dont know what to tell you. what are collections and what are judgements? i am literally telling you everything i know. i dont know what to tell you other than that.

Baddies are anything from late payments, (30, 60, 90, 120 days), or collections (accounts late so long they were sent to another business to help collect the debt, or judgements (accounts where you were sued in court and ordered to bay back), or bankruptcy’s ( you went to a lawyer because you couldn’t pay a bunch of accounts) positive accounts are accounts where you’ve never been late on a payment and pay as agree. We need to know every one of the accounts that aren’t paid as agreed. That along with oldest account, average age of your accounts, they help to give you advise on what course of action will get you what you want and the time frame it may take. 

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats an answer i want. thank you for listening. now.

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Baddies are anything from late payments, (30, 60, 90, 120 days), or collections (accounts late so long they were sent to another business to help collect the debt, or judgements (accounts where you were sued in court and ordered to bay back), or bankruptcy’s ( you went to a lawyer because you couldn’t pay a bunch of accounts) positive accounts are accounts where you’ve never been late on a payment and pay as agree. We need to know every one of the accounts that aren’t paid as agreed. That along with oldest account, average age of your accounts, they help to give you advise on what course of action will get you what you want and the time frame it may take. 

THANK YOU. FINALLY AN ANSWER. ok now i can give you the answers because i now know what that **bleep** is because you explained it.

Exceter Finance: 1 year and 10 months old, when i was late i was never passing 30 days. I always made the payment before then. it is a positive account with late payments never passing passing 30 days. it is open on all 3 credit beuros.

Bridgecrest: 8 months, Again late payments never passed 30 days. always paid as agreed. open on all 3 credit beuros.

C0NSUMADJUST: I believe this is what **bleep**ed up my credit because it was 120 days late cause i was under the impression it was paid of prior to that. paid off, shows that on Experian and Equifax, but it says closed on Transunion this is my oldest account of 2 years and 4 months

I never had to declare Bankruptcy, nor have i been judged. If a collection occured it was most likely on my 3rd account.

Message 15 of 31
thornback
Senior Contributor

The reason people are asking you for details is so they can assist you in developing a gameplan to improve your credit.

Most of us have had various levels of success in removing negative items from our reports and rebuilding solid credit, resulting in big score increases and improved credit worthiness.

If you don't want to pay for your FICO scores, fine (though it'd be extremely helpful to know where you stand), but the very least you could, and should, do is pull your reports from all three bureaus and find out what's on them.

We can't help you if you refuse to help yourself.

You can pull your reports for free and simply list what you see and we will help you understand everything.

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get your free reports from Experian, Equifax, and Transunion. You have the right to access your reports, for free, once per year. Print them, review them, then come back to this forum and list every account you have, good and bad, along with the account, type, status', open dates, late payment history, balances due, credit limits, and any other detail that would be helpful. I guarantee if you do that, you will receive the help you need to rebuild your credit.

Edit: I see (after I posted the above) you provided some details, but expect more questions to come.

You may have some luck writing Goodwill letters to the two open accounts, requesting (nicely) they remove the late payments. Exactly how many 30-day lates are reporting on each account?

For the charge off account (120+ day late), is there still a balance due reporting?

FYI, ALL of the above messed up your credit.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 16 of 31
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Hey OP, I think your attitude stinks. You reek with entitlement and you're snapping at people -- very knowledgable people who are in an excellent position to help you -- who don't deserve it.  This is not a judgemental board, it just isn't.  Too many people here have been in the credit toilet and now selflessly use their experiences to help others.  And even if it were a judgey place, part of accepting the consequences for our actions is sometimes eating a little crow.  So here's my advice:  Read the pinned articles, as you need to understand how credit works from the bottom up, and approach the people here with hat in hand if you want their time and attention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mentioned that none except the oldest account have ever been more than 30 days late, so am I correct is assuming the only late reflecting on your file is the 3rd one? The fact that your oldest account has the biggest baddy is s definite blow to your score, but you can still right the ship. We need to know what your available credit is in relation to that remaining balance on your recently paid accounts and your one with a balance. Just like missing a payment having a high utilization (more than 30% of available credit) is a sure fire way to tank the score. I know your frustrated but you're making a good choice by facing your mistakes and learning how to fix them.
Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you have an open Auto loan with Exeter Finance that is only a year and 10 month's old, and you are trying to get a second open auto with less than desireable scores? Or you are trying to trade in your Exeter Finance auto loan for another vehicle and more than likely tacking on inequity because of the subprime loan you have with high interest?

I would think that's where your issue is, you have poor past credit history with late payments, and collection's it sounds like.  A current open auto seeking another or a current open auto with inequity being traded for another vehicle with poor scores.

Everyone here has been trying to give you answer's but we can't simply give answers to a situation we know little about. You have finally told us your credit challenges after being asked multiple times. If you want help, great, we are all here to help you and are more than happy to do so! However, you haven't been very helpful in allowing us to help you by being given the necessary information, rather only negative replies.

Message 19 of 31
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I'm still unclear as to exactly WHAT it is you're wanting to get approved for.....is it credit?? Like a Credit card?? or a car loan????
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.