Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what to do.

tag
alexak
Regular Contributor

Not sure what to do.

Hey all!

I'm am in the market for a used SUV. I am a bartender so a good chunk of my income is unclaimed(tips). Last year I made about 20,000 gross (claimed tips and hourly income combined) and more in unclaimed tips (I track them). Do I put how much total I made including whats unclaimed on the loan app? I also don't pay rent as I still live with my parents, no student or other loans either, So my DTI is very low.

I am also looking to put at least 10% down. What are my chances of getting approved with all of the above info and a 640 FICO?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Not sure what to do.

@alexak wrote:
Hey all!

I'm am in the market for a used SUV. I am a bartender so a good chunk of my income is unclaimed(tips). Last year I made about 20,000 gross (claimed tips and hourly income combined) and more in unclaimed tips (I track them). Do I put how much total I made including whats unclaimed on the loan app? I also don't pay rent as I still live with my parents, no student or other loans either, So my DTI is very low.

I am also looking to put at least 10% down. What are my chances of getting approved with all of the above info and a 640 FICO?

What kind of SUV are you looking at?

Have you found it yet?

What dealer?

Do you have a CarMax?

Message 2 of 4
alexak
Regular Contributor

I am looking at an 07 Tahoe 4x4 with about 70-80k miles. So far I'm seeing that they run anywhere from $20-25k. I'll have about a $10k down payment after I sell my current car and with some money I've been saving for this. Haven't found the exact one yet. I'm still doing my research. Not sure if there is a CarMax near me, I will have to look into it.

If it helps I am a member of a local credit union with a checking and savings account.
Message 3 of 4
blondy250
Established Contributor

You know your required to report all tips as income? From what you wrote you sound young, don't start out your life as an adult by committing tax evasion, and potentially lying on credit/loan applications.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.