Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I know why Crap1 is called Crap1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I know why Crap1 is called Crap1

I just did one of those "what am I qualified for" sheets with Crap1 - the auto loan one. Credit scores all in solid 700's, two paid satis auto loans in the file, $6,000 PM income, retired. Only debt is house, $700PM payment. Crap1 gave me a $500 secured card and a year later unsecured it and gave me a whopping $29 CLI so their credit card is now at a CL of $529.

Crap1's answer (without even asking the probable price of the car, how much will be put down, etc)  - we'll tell you by snail mail in 7-10 days. In other words, kiss off. I just did - their toy card just went through my shredder.

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Now I know why Crap1 is called Crap1

So bizarre. I burned C1 for 3 accounts they gave me two cards in 6 months and their auto loan was approved to $40,000 at a reasonable rate!

Maybe one of your bureaus is frozen or there's some identity issue?
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got pre-approval from Cap One in the mail and checked out what the rate would be.  Said 3.29 percent when I fillled in the details pre-approved for 50k with zero down I think.  Had no need for a car loan just curious to see what they would offer me and if I were getting a car loan I could get a lower rate if my wife applied instead.  

Why did you have a secured card if your scores are in the 700's?  There must be more to this story. I have charge-off with Capital One and other charge-offs on my report. 

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reasons are in the signature. 

Message 4 of 18
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Indeed.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a secured card because when I apped for the secured card I was 1 month away from the 7.5 years when baddies fall off. At that time I just wanted a couple of TLs after going the full 7.5 years on a cash basis. My Credit Union (Pyramid) is even worse. They TD'd the mortgage app (when the CRA was clear and in the mid 700's), never processed the car loan app, wanted $7 in collater for each $1 borrowed on a SSL (I TD's that deal) and has a no-graduation, no CLI secured card which ends the next time I go into the bank.  Somehow I strongly believe that what I see in my CRA is not what they see.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

One the capital one auto navigator online?? There's no way unless there's something in your profile they didn't like. I have a very thin profile less than 1 year and I'm pre approved for 30k with them. 

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

OK, , I'll bite. What are the reasons? The old baddies that are all gone now that Crap1 was not a part of? The 2 positive auto TLs that ARE there? Is it the fact that a year ago I had low 600's and now have mid 700 scores? Is it the fact that I have a positive TL Crap1 card with a toy limit?

Message 8 of 18
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a secured card because when I apped for the secured card I was 1 month away from the 7.5 years when baddies fall off.

And here's the reason why. You were bucketed in the subprime bracket and it's really hard to escape that. And if that includes the other stuff you talk about in post doing it around the same time it's no wonder they were just trying to protect themselves.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

I merged the two threads you created into one.  Please do not cross post in different forums as this is confusing to those trying to respond to you and also is a violation of forum rules.

Additionally ease up on the 'crap1' stuff.  You made your point in the first post.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.