Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!! Approved BMW Financial

tag
dpage
Contributor

Re: OMG!! Approved BMW Financial

Just curious to know, How did you get your scores up so fast. I'm trying to do the same thing,.....

Proud home owner
Lender Pull 03/28/2011 EQ:708 TU:698 EXP:709

Message 11 of 21
jeannieavc
New Contributor

Well my utilization was between 70 and 80 percent. So dropping that down to below 10 percent gave me about 30-40 points ( I don't know how much for sure because so many things were going on at once disputes, deletions, etc.  I had a few collections on each of my reports.  I hired Lexington Law Firm at about $40 per month to help with some and the rest I goodwilled and PFD'd.  I now have none on any of my reports.  When my last collection was deleted I got 30 points on EQ. 

You would be very suprised how effective PFD's are.  You have to be nice but persistent.    If I could do it anyone can.  I wish you the best of luck. 

Starting Score: 1/25/10 EQ 568, TU 641, EX (FAKO) 580
Current Score: 9/27/10 EQ 692, TU 736, EX (FAKO) 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 21
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

BMW's are wonderful cars!!  Mine just passed 223344 mi. on the way into work today.  Solid as a rock, runs like a champ.  '95 for 7k almost 4 yrs ago...

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 21
dpage
Contributor

Ok. thanks for the insight! One more question, Do think Lexington Law firm was a good investment. I have been considering hiring them to clean up so older negative items I have on my reports but some people tell me that I can do the same thing that they do on my own for free. Do you have any insight on that?

Proud home owner
Lender Pull 03/28/2011 EQ:708 TU:698 EXP:709

Message 14 of 21
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@dpage wrote:

Ok. thanks for the insight! One more question, Do think Lexington Law firm was a good investment. I have been considering hiring them to clean up so older negative items I have on my reports but some people tell me that I can do the same thing that they do on my own for free. Do you have any insight on that?

After many years here & my own list of baddies to be removed, I did it all myself.  Save your money.  Post here with the names of the creditor or collection agency & we can help you with contact info.  Since being here, I sent GW's to several & got at least 4 removed early.  There is nothing a hired company can do that you cannot do yourself.

You will soon find this forum to be your new best friend.  Collectively we have had it all...BK's, CO's, lawsuits, collections....and all you need to do is ask & folks are here to help!

Mo

*oh, and lastly....congrats on the Bimmer!  Smiley Wink

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 21
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@BungalowMo wrote:

@dpage wrote:

After many years here & my own list of baddies to be removed, I did it all myself.  Save your money.  Post here with the names of the creditor or collection agency & we can help you with contact info.  Since being here, I sent GW's to several & got at least 4 removed early.  There is nothing a hired company can do that you cannot do yourself.

You will soon find this forum to be your new best friend.  Collectively we have had it all...BK's, CO's, lawsuits, collections....and all you need to do is ask & folks are here to help!

Mo

*oh, and lastly....congrats on the Bimmer!  Smiley Wink

+1

I would also add that Lexington Law uses questionable and unethical credit repair tactics, and the promoting or advocating of its services is not permitted on the FICO Forums.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a chance, get the car in the ED program it's much cheaper. Plus you get a free trip out of it... But I think they only pay for one night in a hotel, so if you truly want to see the savings I would only spend one night LOL. But I here the Welt is amazing.

Can't post links, but just google BMW ED.

Message 17 of 21
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have a chance, get the car in the ED program it's much cheaper. Plus you get a free trip out of it... But I think they only pay for one night in a hotel, so if you truly want to see the savings I would only spend one night LOL. But I here the Welt is amazing.

Can't post links, but just google BMW ED.

are you sure we can't post links? I've seen people posted links and nothing happened.

I hope a moderator can answer my question haha Smiley Tongue

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

IDK, I seen links posted, then mods edit it out... But when I was glancing through the rules again, I think it's for credit repair companies as some sorta rule for fico it's self.

Message 19 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

IDK, I seen links posted, then mods edit it out... But when I was glancing through the rules again, I think it's for credit repair companies as some sorta rule for fico it's self.

If you'll look through the Terms of Service and User Guidelines (which of course I'm sure you all read since you had to agree to them to finish registration  Smiley Happy ) you'll see what is prohibited.

Links are permitted but not every link.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.