Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds for NFCU/Pen Fed Approval?

tag
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Odds for NFCU/Pen Fed Approval?

Hey guys I am a member of both credit unions and want to buy one of the new Cherokees for about 25k. I have not pulled my scores recently but I believe they are in the mid-600s -high 600s. Do you think I have a shot at approval? I just got a new Job and need a new vehicle :-)

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Odds for NFCU/Pen Fed Approval?

@tfkallday wrote:
Hey guys I am a member of both credit unions and want to buy one of the new Cherokees for about 25k. I have not pulled my scores recently but I believe they are in the mid-600s -high 600s. Do you think I have a shot at approval? I just got a new Job and need a new vehicle :-)

I would think with anything over 660 range you could get tier 1 pushed through from Jeep and come out possibly better then Navy or Penfed but if you are ready to pull the trigger now on getting the car I would put in apps at both Navy and Penfed and then you can go to the dealership and let them try to beat the rate you get out of 1 of the credit unions.

you have credit card with Navy?

Message 2 of 4
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info that would be awesome. I became a member of navy in feb and have the nfcu visa rewards 1k and the navcheck 11,500. I have made all my payments and am switching my direct deposit to them. I am gonna pay all my balances for everything off and let it report and apply in June

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tfkallday wrote:
Thanks for the info that would be awesome. I became a member of navy in feb and have the nfcu visa rewards 1k and the navcheck 11,500. I have made all my payments and am switching my direct deposit to them. I am gonna pay all my balances for everything off and let it report and apply in June

I would also ask for CLI on the visa in June for $25k and the system should hopefully counter instantly.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.