Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One last question before I buy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One last question before I buy

Looking at the a new Honda Accord. Hoping to get their special 0.9% APR deal. They pulled my EQ and the score was 679. DTI is currently under 10%. I make roughly 40K a year and have had multiple car loans with nothing negative on my credit report. Seeing how my chances are with my current score to get Honda's currently finance special. Anyone have any stories about Honda financial at all? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: One last question before I buy

Honda Credit doesn't do sub-prime lending, so as long as you have a non-prime (640) or higher score, they will finance you. That said, you likely need to be 680 or higher to get sub one percent interest rate financing. 

This is where I would suggest you go to DCU and have their rate and approval in your back pocket, in-case you can't get that rate. With your score, it's likely DCU will beat it.

Your auto enhanced score might be higher, you won't know until your apply.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already applied there and wanted to wait just in case. We'll see when I go back tomorrow.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the 0.9% APR rate that I wanted. I want to thank everyone that helped me and reading all of the great advice on this website. Helped me get a killer deal! 

Message 4 of 8
prabs99
Regular Contributor

Did you have to give some rebates to qualify for the 0.9% APR?

FICO (Discover) 805
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just used the $500 military rebate. I put down $1500 myself. Used TrueCar to help save me over 3300 with the dealership also. 

Message 6 of 8
prabs99
Regular Contributor

Awesome.

FICO (Discover) 805
Message 7 of 8
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

This thread is worthless without a picture. Yeah if you've seen one Accord you've seen them all, none the less post a picture anyway...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.