Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Truck was Stolen Today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our Truck was Stolen Today

Our only means of transportation was stolen today in broad daylight parked in front of our house. It is 22 years old and all paid for. So here I am a rebuilder and up against having to figure out how to get another vehicle to get to work and be able to get mt disabled husband to doctor appointments.

680- EX Fico 8 (baddies from old ulitity bill 180-days late and won't fall off untill 2019

642-TU Fico 8 no baddies but old paid tax lien to drop off in 2019

692-EQ Fico 8 no baddies but old paid tax lien to fall off in 2019

Been over 10 years since a car loan so no history on CR's. I have have two revolving credit cards: Barclaycard $500 cl and Open Sky $300 cl. Utilitization always at 1-3%.

No debt. AAOA is 1 year 5 mos on TU but 9 years on EX & EQ. Household income gross is $55K.

My head is swimming and I'm still in shock of the theft so please bear with me...am I only subprime auto loan material? Was "thinking" about a very low end reliable car like a Nissan Versa. Any advice? Thank you very much.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Truck was Stolen Today

Bless your heart! Sorry to hear about the vehicle being stolen. Hope the perp is caught and the truck returned with minimal damage. That would be a very fortunate outcome so you are wise to plan for another auto.

Are you a member of a credit union or do you or someone in your family qualify to join Navy Federal Credit Union or another CU? CU's can often offer better interest rates and can often accept more marginal files for approval. Your scores are not bad. Your baddies look to be old so may not hurt as much as you'd think. You really should know you Fico Auto scores, though, as they can be very different from your Fico 8 scores and are the scores used by many lenders for auto loans. 

If you can give more info regarding your total monthly payments on debts, total debts, credit cards with limits, balances and utilization, rent/mortgage payment, etc;....we might be able to give better advice. Overall, it looks like you have a decent chance from high above. The devil is in the details.

This is also a good place to get advice on the car buying process. One point to understand is that going to the car lot with an approval is far better than going without one and feeling like you are at their mercy. There is a "sticky thread" about this in the Auto Loan section that is helpful to just about everyone. 

Keep your head up and Good Luck!

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently I joined Alliant Credit Union. Just yesterday I opened up a Traditional IRA with a $1K contribution. The only savings I have are in two IRA's. On Credit Boards I searched their Credit Pulls Database under Alliant to review to average credit scores but they were in the fico 700 ranges. However, there were many in my ranges and a tad lower with approvals. Oh I forgot to mention I only have two hard pulls ( old hard pull and recent Feb 2017 for my credit card).

Our only debts are rent ($1950.00 a month), cell phones, health ins, etc and utilities.
Message 3 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Our only means of transportation was stolen today in broad daylight parked in front of our house. It is 22 years old and all paid for. So here I am a rebuilder and up against having to figure out how to get another vehicle to get to work and be able to get mt disabled husband to doctor appointments.

680- EX Fico 8 (baddies from old ulitity bill 180-days late and won't fall off untill 2019

642-TU Fico 8 no baddies but old paid tax lien to drop off in 2019

692-EQ Fico 8 no baddies but old paid tax lien to fall off in 2019

Been over 10 years since a car loan so no history on CR's. I have have two revolving credit cards: Barclaycard $500 cl and Open Sky $300 cl. Utilitization always at 1-3%.

No debt. AAOA is 1 year 5 mos on TU but 9 years on EX & EQ. Household income gross is $55K.

My head is swimming and I'm still in shock of the theft so please bear with me...am I only subprime auto loan material? Was "thinking" about a very low end reliable car like a Nissan Versa. Any advice? Thank you very much.

Sorry you're having to deal with this. If those are your actual Fico scores, you're going to be fine. You can get a preapproval through Capital One Auto Navigator, without any hard pull to your credit. See what they'll offer you for a rate. They'll even let you browse local cars, and will tell you what terms they can approve you for on each one. 

I would also recommend a credit union, like DCU. They have fantastic auto loan rates for less than perfect credit. I refinanced a 8.64% APR down to 2.74% with them, cutting a year off my loan. 

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. What does DCU stand for?
Message 5 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you. What does DCU stand for?

Digital federal credit union

www.dcu.org

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fico scores are from Fico.com. i am subscribed. My Fico Auto 8 scores are always higher than my Fico 8. But, the Auto enhanced scores are from March 20.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so sorry!!  I am sending you a BIG HUG and try not to let ths awful act define you.  

My neighbor works at NFCU and she told me that it is always easier to get a NEW vehicle financed then a used , I had no idea.

Your scores are decent and this weekend is good timing (not that for some creep stealing your car) because so many car dealerships are offering rebates and you won't have to put any cash down.  I personally do not recommend the Cap One car buy (or finance) because they just told 3 days ago I wouldn't qualify for anything and I just bought a new car 48 hrs ago at 3% interest from my CU.

At the dealership, they pulled my credit (I was hoping that all that UTI I had payed down had hit) and I had 9 offers, turned out the best one was with my own CU.

Good Luck and again BIG HUGS

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sorry to hear! Looks like you have some good advice thus far. Wishing you the best! 

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about the truck. People like that have very bad karma coming for them. What kind of truck was it?

Your scores really are not terrible. As others have stated, going to your CU will probably net you a good loan with good terms. As far as a Nissan Versa....by all means test drive it but also look into Hyundai or Kia for a better car with a better warranty for a slightly higher cost. Hyundai is having some killer deals right now for Memorial Day weekend.. 

Please post the results of your car purchase! 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.