Regular Contributor
EDub357

PENFED loan reconsiderations?

[ Edited ]
Does anyone know if PENFED seriously looks into reconsideration of loan denials?

My situations is such:

On 4/16/08, my EQ score was 716. About a week later, a previously deleted item was placed back on my credit and caused a 99 point drop in my score.  And since then, several  unauthorized inquiries have been placed against my credit. I contacted the CRA and placed a fraud alert to prevent anyone from hurting me any worse than they already have.  All the items are presently under dispute. 
I called PENFED and the CSR told me that I could fax a letter in stating what has happened.  I was wondering if I should possibly send in a copy of the report dated 4/16/08 to substantiate my claims. Has anyone heard of PENFED reversing a  previous denial.  The same thing happened when I applied for a Chase cc.  They denied me but when I called for a reconsideration, it was approved. 

Message Edited by EDub357 on 05-08-2008 12:31 AM
Established Contributor
jaxstraw

Re: PENFED loan reconsiderations?

What were the reasons for the denial ?? Was it with the 700+ score ???
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Regular Contributor
EDub357

Re: PENFED loan reconsiderations?

Is length of time accounts have been established really a verifiable reason?  My present score is 714.  The credit profile is not very strong but it shows some established credit.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+