cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PURCHASED A CAR ON SATURDAY (FIRST CAR LOAN EVER) HAVE QUESTIONS!

tag
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

Re: PURCHASED A CAR ON SATURDAY (FIRST CAR LOAN EVER) HAVE QUESTIONS!

Dealer wants me to come in and sign my final contract. Wells Fargo offering me 15.5, does make me feel better about the 14.5 from the dealer. Hopefully there is another company that has offered a lower rate though. I will find out this afternoon...
Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: PURCHASED A CAR ON SATURDAY (FIRST CAR LOAN EVER) HAVE QUESTIONS!

@LondonMassey wrote:
Dealer wants me to come in and sign my final contract. Wells Fargo offering me 15.5, does make me feel better about the 14.5 from the dealer. Hopefully there is another company that has offered a lower rate though. I will find out this afternoon...

Please shop credit unions. That's were the best rates are at. Take your time on signing final contract, don't let dealer rush you. Also why GAP insurance? You're putting $4000 down, so the loan amount should be less than car value. And if its not then, you shouldn't have paid so much on the car. 

Also remember dealer rates are negotiable, and that the finance manager will get a commission for setting up the loan. This is why dealer wants you to sign contact asap before you find a better rate. Check local credit unions for a better rate, and then give the dealer a chance to beat the rate, they usually will try to.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.