New Visitor
5thgoldengirl

Paid Off Car Loan

I paid off my car loan almost a month ago, is that going to make my credit score go up?  If so, how long does it take to show?

Established Contributor
SamsungHDTV

Re: Paid Off Car Loan

5thgoldengirl wrote:

I paid off my car loan almost a month ago, is that going to make my credit score go up?  If so, how long does it take to show?

probably will make your score go up a little. As with anything reporting, it should take 1-2 months to show.

welcome to the forums

I'm a personal banker and do a lot of auto loans serving the Houston area.
I suggest first time car buyers to read the sticky guide in the auto loan section.
I try to check these forums often, but if I missed your post, please feel free to message me with a link to it.
Established Contributor
Chris123nTx

5thgoldengirl wrote:

Last one i had that i paid off about a year early actually cost me about 25 points. I recovered them all and more within about four months as i recall. Felt like i got penalized for doing to right financial thing.
New Contributor
PCMedic

Same just happened with the wife and I. Paid off our auto loan 2 months early and our scores dropped about 30 points. Figure that one out!

Also curious as why on our reports it now shows as CLOSED/ Crdit LIMIT -0- / Balance $533 ?  Should the balance not show as -0- also ???

Scores Credit Karma TU=697 Vantage 727 | WalMart TU=709 | CreditSesame Exp=739 | Exp. FICO = 739 Barclays TU=706 Discover IT = 702

Discover IT $14,900 | BJ's Barclay $3500 | TD Bank Visa Signature $5000 | Capitol One QuickSilver One $1600 | Merrick $3700 | Walmart $3300 | PayPal CS $500 | Fingerhut $1800 | OCCU Duck $5000 | SG Visa $2000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}