Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off Motorcycle!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid off Motorcycle!

Took out a loan last April at 11.99% for 60 months on slightly over $3400.  This was before I started watching my credit score, and although I knew it was good back then, I didn't realize 11.99% on a motorcycle was horrible.  Now I do.

My payments were $75 a month, plus $10 for "conveience" to pay over the phone as opposed to a check. (Yup.. ripoff)  Spent ~$300 in interest and another $100 in 'conviencence', but it's over now. 

Paid off the final $2,800 today.  Bike is mine.  Now to find my next bike to spend money on... and use someone else other than GEMB for my loan!  (Probably will do USAA this time).

Back to owing NO money on ANYTHING.  Love not being in debt.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid off Motorcycle!

Keep your current bike and stay out of debt for awhile.  Save up your money and next time you can go in and pay most of the price in cash.

Message 2 of 9
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Took out a loan last April at 11.99% for 60 months on slightly over $3400.  This was before I started watching my credit score, and although I knew it was good back then, I didn't realize 11.99% on a motorcycle was horrible.  Now I do.

My payments were $75 a month, plus $10 for "conveience" to pay over the phone as opposed to a check. (Yup.. ripoff)  Spent ~$300 in interest and another $100 in 'conviencence', but it's over now. 

Paid off the final $2,800 today.  Bike is mine.  Now to find my next bike to spend money on... and use someone else other than GEMB for my loan!  (Probably will do USAA this time).

Back to owing NO money on ANYTHING.  Love not being in debt.

Congrats!  What do you ride?  I only have $1800 left on mine Smiley Very Happy

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

2010 Ninja 250R.  First bike Smiley Very Happy

Either getting a Ninja 650R or GSXR-600.  Rode a Gixxer back in September and just fell in love with it... just not so much the insurance cost.

Message 4 of 9
guydiver
Established Contributor

I think the 650R is a much better fit for a second bike. The power band will be more friendly, less peaky, and ultimately easier to ride.  I rode sportbikes many years ago.  Got a Vulcan 500 for my kid to learn on, and I love it.  Still have it. 

Message 5 of 9
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

2010 Ninja 250R.  First bike Smiley Very Happy

Either getting a Ninja 650R or GSXR-600.  Rode a Gixxer back in September and just fell in love with it... just not so much the insurance cost.

Congrats!  I'm close on my CBR1000RR Smiley Very Happy

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

EX has already updated my CR to reflect the paid off account... I wonder if my score went up too? : D  EQ and TU haven't yet... 

Message 7 of 9
nomoore
Contributor

I still owe about $3500 on my HD Sportster 1200. Can't wait to pay it off. I'm actually trying to sell it right now and then I want to buy a pair of Ninja 250s, one for me and one for my wife, since she wants to learn to ride also.

Open Credit Cards:   Target Visa/5900CL    |    AMEX BCP/6000CL
Latest Credit Scores:   780 TU (2011-08-01)
Credit Score History:   708 EQ (2011-07-01)    |    682 TU (2011-06-30)    |    693 EQ (2010-05-21)
Message 8 of 9
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@nomoore wrote:

I still owe about $3500 on my HD Sportster 1200. Can't wait to pay it off. I'm actually trying to sell it right now and then I want to buy a pair of Ninja 250s, one for me and one for my wife, since she wants to learn to ride also.

Great starter bike.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.