cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past Repossession Effects on New Lease?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Past Repossession Effects on New Lease?

@Anonymous wrote:

Again, many thanks for your responses. I asked for an opinion, and you certainly gave one. You've also shared strong, useful information. I will say, however, that the need for me to "acknowledge" you in some way is out of line. That is not our relationship in this thread or on this site, nor should that be your expectation.

If you feel you run the risk of repeating information, perhaps don't respond at all. Again, thanks for the help thus far.

You have directly addressed me by screenname in a past thread. You created a direct interaction with me.

You have stated enough follow up to show that you are reading what I am saying, but at the same time you are not saying if you are listening to what I am saying or understanding it.

Continually asking the same question, worded differently, in hopes of getting the answer you want is not productive.

YOU stated  "for the purposes listed in this thread."  Your original post in this thread was for purposes of a lease. I explained that leasing was probably not an option for you. My request for an acknowledgement from you is not for a date, or a thank you, or for money but in exactly being told what do you want continued help in, what to do to plan for a new car in the future or.... are you still hung up on magically being allowed to lease? You still have not acknowledged if you think that leasing is off the table or not. If you still think leasing is on the table, then there is nothing else I can say. There is a cat that needs to be petted instead.

Continually asking the same question, worded differently, in hopes of getting the answer you want is not productive. 

We are not paid employees here, even the moderators have to pay for the myFICO score watches/products. If you want to call the shots on financial responses and questions please see a paid financial planner. Oddly enough, these forums do not exist as a charity to help people, they exist for myFICO/Fair Isaac to sell products. Any help people get is awesome and great but secondary. The top 15 posters in these forums are not in a room in North Dakota drinking coffee and laughing/interacting, I do not personally show my friends my interaction here as most would not understand or see the value in it.

I do not come here for validation, but to help people.

You have 13 posts, and I do hope you continue to contribute and interact with the forums, but, these are not moderated forums (try Television without Pity for that, most people get at least one account suspension in the first month), as long as the TOS is not broken/criminal acts are not championed anything can be said. This entire thread could have been answers devoted to people discussing the best aspects of raising basset hounds.

And honestly, I do not know your story or situation. Any advice given is based on only what you have stated- and my personal experience and knowledge, you can easily come here tomorrow or next week or month and say how wrong I was you got into a new no money down lease and the payment is $100 a month and you have it for 36 months and 15,000 miles/year- you neglected to say that your uncle owns a dealership, and/or your 830 score dad co-signed.

I am loathe to be seen as an odious troll, dispensing advice and carrying a cudgel to strike down the non penitant who come to this forum, but again, if you keep asking me, the person who told you you probably cannot lease how to lease, I have no idea what to do.

I could easily say "You will have no problem getting a lease, that repo, just a speed bump, I am sure you will qualify for the best lease rates when it comes to lease end, heck you will probably not even need to save any money down."

But I am not a mindless cheerleader.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, GregB. I am pursuing the GW route, which sounds to be a good one for me.

Message 12 of 14
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

As a total aside, I have and love basset hounds. Now having a thread about how to make them smart..that would be interesting. Now back to the regular programming.
Message 13 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I know personally from Toyota, they can usually pull TU or EQ and they will use your highest and to lease they need a 650.  I know income and debt etc is going to play into approval too but if that is all good then it's just the score they need.  However they are using auto enhanced scores and I had a repo and that score was over 100 points less then my fico, and I pulled TU FICO 5 minutes before heading to dealership and it was 642, I believe they pulled a 545!! he said he would have no problem financing it for me but obviously that would have been over $600 vs the lease that was $199!

I ended up buying used at CarMax.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.