PrimeRate

Paying Off Auto Loan w/ 0% APR for 13 MONTHS | 2% BT FEE

Bank: Wells Fargo

Loan Maturity Date: 10/26/15

Amount Left on Loan: 2,676.10

APR: 12.9%

Minimum Payment: 160.00

What I've Been Paying For The Last 2 Years: 200.00+

Is it worth it at this point to pay off this loan w/ a great BT offer? Or will this hurt my score & profile in the long run?

I know CC history stays for 10 years after PIF and closed, are auto loans the same?

I hate that I've been paying this much interest for almost 4 years. Unfortunately, with a lack of loan depth in my history none of the banks I tried refinancing with would offer me better terms. I joined ficoforums a few months ago, so learning about DCU and others was a big blow.

Help?

Valued Contributor
Remember0

Re: Paying Off Auto Loan w/ 0% APR for 13 MONTHS | 2% BT FEE

Your score may drop a little due to the loan showing paid/closed status. But it'll recover pretty quickly. Also your FICO may drop a little due to util. What's the total amount you have in credit limits?

Yes, auto loans will stay for 10 years after closed/PIF.

Irregardless of the above factors, I think you should BT NOW! Even if your score drops a little, it'll come back in no time and the interest you save will be well worth it.

As I am very busy with work these days, I am participating in the forums less than I would like to. Please feel free to email me directly remembermyfico //at// gmail /dot/ com if you would like me to respond to a specific question you have.
Contributor
PrimeRate

Re: Paying Off Auto Loan w/ 0% APR for 13 MONTHS | 2% BT FEE

Remember0 wrote:

Your score may drop a little due to the loan showing paid/closed status. But it'll recover pretty quickly. Also your FICO may drop a little due to util. What's the total amount you have in credit limits?

Yes, auto loans will stay for 10 years after closed/PIF.

Irregardless of the above factors, I think you should BT NOW! Even if your score drops a little, it'll come back in no time and the interest you save will be well worth it.

Available Credit Limits: 90-100k

Amount in use: $2,000

I think I'll make this BT today! Thanks for chiming in!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}