Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying a DCU auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying a DCU auto loan

This is something I suppose I really should have thought ahead about. I just got the check for  my car today and handed it to the dealer, then I logged on to see my first payment is due on September 28th. What are my options for paying this? I have a credit card, the auto loan, and a savings account with 5 bucks in it with them.  Should I use the mobile app on my iPhone to deposit a check every month to my savings account and pay that way? Or is there another way, like an online transfer from my bank, to pay this? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Bluedog23
Regular Contributor

Re: Paying a DCU auto loan

@Anonymous wrote:

This is something I suppose I really should have thought ahead about. I just got the check for  my car today and handed it to the dealer, then I logged on to see my first payment is due on September 28th. What are my options for paying this? I have a credit card, the auto loan, and a savings account with 5 bucks in it with them.  Should I use the mobile app on my iPhone to deposit a check every month to my savings account and pay that way? Or is there another way, like an online transfer from my bank, to pay this? Thanks in advance!

I just dealt with this issue. I think I have It solved. Like you I wasn't quite sure how to go about paying. I ended up making my first payment at a local credit union service center. Not something I wanted to do every month. I found several other options. 1) DCU finally sent an old fashioned payment coupon book so mailing in is possible. 2) taking a picture of a personal check and the depositing that into DCU checking--I just thought that was a lot of trouble to do every month. 3) Debit transfer/ACH originAtion. I like this one. DCU has a form that can be filled out and faxed in which allows them to debit my bank each month. That money goes into checking. Then fill out another form and fax in which  allows them to automatically pay your loan from the checking account. This option suits me-- I'm all about the automatic stuff since I'm lazy. The only work seems to be at the beginning-- the faxing of the forms. AND if your automatic debit from your bank to DCU is 500.00 or more, it qualifies as direct deposit- which I'm told qualifies me for the .5 percent rate reduction in my APR. We'll see if this all works out the way I hope it will. Call DCU for more info. Hope this helps.

EX 805 FICO, EQ Fico 762; TU. 768Discover)
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply! I don't currently have a checking account with them. My monthly payment is only $285 so I wouldn't qualify for that discount, but I did receive the message from them about paying on time for 3 consecutive months to receive a 1/4% discount on APR up to 1.5%, which I'm happy about. I signed up on the mobile app to be able to deposit checks on there. Would that work with my savings account? I don't see why it wouldn't since its pretty much the only way for me to put money into the account. I will be taking your advice and calling (at 8am, I HATE waiting on the phone with them, lol) Monday morning.

Message 3 of 7
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can do this :

2014-08-31_0835.png

5454353.png

Just add your account here and you can transfer money from your main banking institution, To your savings account.

9654.png

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. That was super easy.

Message 5 of 7
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you very much. That was super easy.

No problem, Just remember to do it at least 3-4 days before the due date, As it takes 3 days to process.

Message 6 of 7
Bluedog23
Regular Contributor

Well now, looks like I filled out a bunch of forms for nothing. I was given the options in my post by DCU--wonder why no one mentioned Edge transfer. Oh well, that's the joy of having this forum-- you sometimes get better info than you can get from the bank. Basically got the same thing accomplished, just with more trouble, lol.

EX 805 FICO, EQ Fico 762; TU. 768Discover)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.